Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
lesleylogan1968
Scotland
lesleylogan1968 is female 

29-12-2018, 09:35 PM

Re: Feeling cold all the time

Originally Posted by galty ->
Have hit 76 and I do feel the cold. AT times.

For some persons of my age the rule of thumb was to keep the house at 22c.

I have my heating set at that BUT still ware warm clothing.

Feel warmer when the sun is shinning.
Yes I do too. Cant wait for some sun to shine again.

Feels like a long way off right now.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2018, 01:24 AM

Are you sitting inside all the time? Not good for you that. Get out every day for some fresh air and exercise, walk a neighbours dog if you don't have one. Or go to the pool or Health Suite. I spent a couple of hours this afternoon going between the Sauna, Steam Room, Jacuzzi and swimming lengths. Felt fine afterwards, it's double figures up here the now and not really cold for December..
lesleylogan1968
Scotland

30-12-2018, 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
Are you sitting inside all the time? Not good for you that. Get out every day for some fresh air and exercise, walk a neighbours dog if you don't have one. Or go to the pool or Health Suite. I spent a couple of hours this afternoon going between the Sauna, Steam Room, Jacuzzi and swimming lengths. Felt fine afterwards, it's double figures up here the now and not really cold for December..
I have a dog of my own and am about walking him 3 times a day at least.

Try to be as active as possible.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2018, 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by lesleylogan1968 ->
I have a dog of my own and am about walking him 3 times a day at least.

Try to be as active as possible.
Hmmmm, I think you would best to have a wee word with your Doctor then. Maybe your MOT needs rechecking.
Seriously though, you shouldn't be so cold if your active. Fingers crossed for you..
lesleylogan1968
Scotland

30-12-2018, 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
Hmmmm, I think you would best to have a wee word with your Doctor then. Maybe your MOT needs rechecking.
Seriously though, you shouldn't be so cold if your active. Fingers crossed for you..
Thanks, I did have a thyroid test done in January 2017 and was told at the time all was fine.

I know I should go back to the GP and intending to.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2018, 05:59 PM

Try (perhaps you already are) wearing a hat on your heat while indoors. Something like 30% of our body warmth is lost through our heads.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.

31-12-2018, 10:18 PM

Yes that's true, always have my woolie hat on my head in the Winter.
lesleylogan1968
Scotland

01-01-2019, 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
Try (perhaps you already are) wearing a hat on your heat while indoors. Something like 30% of our body warmth is lost through our heads.
Havent tried this as yet as I thought this may be a little OTT, though will try anything.

I am aware this is the case regarding our heads.

I drive my husband mad as he is generally a warm person.
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2019, 06:20 PM

I feel your pain , only I’m the opposite, I can’t abide the heat at all so I do understand how delibetating it can be, being opposite of the “norm”

I also echo all those that say speak to a doctor and get a good MOT

In the meantime keep those extremities warm. Thermal leggings or tights, vests, socks. Fingerless gloves to wear when sitting still reading/watching tv

A lap rug

Good sheepskin slippers - the boot variety are favored by mum who also feels the cold

Flannel sheets on the bed , wear socks in bed but loose flannel nighties or Jim jams

A hot water bottle or electric lap blanket can be a godsend

Hot drinks also help. Make a flask and use it during the day to take a sip or so out off

Foods like porridge, slow release energy, are very good for helping with the internal thermostat- remember the ready brek adverts from the 70’s?

Seriously though you do need to see your gp and explain carefully how cold you are and your activity levels
lesleylogan1968
Scotland

01-01-2019, 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by Missy ->
I feel your pain , only I’m the opposite, I can’t abide the heat at all so I do understand how delibetating it can be, being opposite of the “norm”

I also echo all those that say speak to a doctor and get a good MOT

In the meantime keep those extremities warm. Thermal leggings or tights, vests, socks. Fingerless gloves to wear when sitting still reading/watching tv

A lap rug

Good sheepskin slippers - the boot variety are favored by mum who also feels the cold

Flannel sheets on the bed , wear socks in bed but loose flannel nighties or Jim jams

A hot water bottle or electric lap blanket can be a godsend

Hot drinks also help. Make a flask and use it during the day to take a sip or so out off

Foods like porridge, slow release energy, are very good for helping with the internal thermostat- remember the ready brek adverts from the 70’s?

Seriously though you do need to see your gp and explain carefully how cold you are and your activity levels
Thanks, I will be making an appointment to go and see my GP early in the new year and will see what happens, suppose I been putting off going again incase anything was wrong with me.

I bundle up though I probably take it to extremes. Last night for new year I went to a friends house I had on a vest top, cardigan, scarf, trousers, wooly tights underneath the trousers, socks on top of the tights as she has a new carpet and I thought I would need to take my Boots off.

Luckily I got to keep them on as I forgot any slippers.

Guess I am colder than your average person.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top