Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2018, 12:19 PM

Re: Sticky back Foil.

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
Good morning, relative Newbie here, joined a long time ago but never as yet posted so here goes.

Seeing your thread reminded me I used something like this at one time so looked on Amazon to find there is something that seems to meet your requirements, see link below:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/d-c-fix®-St.../dp/B005GJFBCM

Hope this is of some use to you?
That stuff looks interesting. Amazing how they get it to be so reflective.
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2018, 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
That stuff looks interesting. Amazing how they get it to be so reflective.
Yes, I wondered that too. It served the required purpose very well though. A large double height fridge / freezer in my mother’s flat was replaced by a single, under worktop fridge. That left a small side window and similar to Swimfeeder’s problem, gave an unwanted view out but over a communal laundry drying area, it also allowed people to see into the kitchen. Being an open plan kitchen it did not need that window for light. Not easy to use that sticky back plastic foil though, it creased easily and was also prone to air bubbles. Applying it slowly, ensuring air was pushed out by smoothing with a cloth as applied did the trick and it was successful.
Ripple
Ripple is female  Ripple has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2019, 12:12 PM

I rather like the sticky back plastic for windows that just makes it look like obscured groundglass but still lets the light in .
Pyxell
South of England
Pyxell is female  Pyxell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2019, 04:04 PM

Does it have to be mirrored?

What about 'stained glass'?

Peels of London do rolls of stained glass effect translucent plastic films that you roll onto a clean window with soapy water.

It stays put by surface tension, I suppose, but you can peel it off if you want to. No glue or sticky stuff involved.

I've got some on two windows that have a bad view, and as the light shines through, it is just like stained glass! It's been there about 15 years now.

All sorts of designs.

Here's the link......
http://www.e-peels.co.uk

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top