Join for free
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2019, 09:34 AM

Do You Think Posting On A Forum, Is Good For Your Brain?

I do!
I think anything that makes you think, inspires you to compose a reply or a view, is good exercise for your brain.

Would you agree with me or has posting on forums blown your brain to bits!
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2019, 09:40 AM

Re: Do You Think Posting On A Forum, Is Good For Your Brain?

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I do!
I think anything that makes you think, inspires you to compose a reply or a view, is good exercise for your brain.

Would you agree with me or has posting on forums blown your brain to bits!
I largely agree with you.

The only time in which it fails to be useful is when things become a little, er, personal and tempers flair and when an argument which may only last a few minutes in a normal 1-1 debate might be stretched out for hours on end. We've all seen this happen, and many of us have been involved in such altercations, and I'm not sure whether this is an entirely useful exercise to test/develop resilience
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2019, 09:57 AM

It can certainly enliven your day, and at times it can even change your blood pressure...
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2019, 10:15 AM

It frequently makes me laugh - and that is supposed to be good for you!

On the whole I would agree that a forum such as this one is good. There are a lot of knowledgeable people in here, and I have learned a lot since I joined.

The people in here are friendly - most of the time - and I have been given, and seen others given, fantastic support and advice in troubled times - which is excellent.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2019, 10:16 AM

I think that a forum informs you of many things you may have missed. We learn a lot from chatting to to people we may never meet; things like health care & potential dangers to ourselves, our pets & our homes.
I also think forums can provide a lot of laughs, so for most people they are good for our brains & our health!
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2019, 10:20 AM

I enjoy the funny posts, some really make me laugh out loud. That must be good for something.
However I have learnt some things also.
The members here are very supportive too.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2019, 10:21 AM

Certainly makes me think very often, makes me laugh and worries me at times. Think that stretches the brain muscle.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2019, 10:32 AM

My brain hurts.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2019, 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Would you agree with me
Definitely .....
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2019, 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
My brain hurts.
Cant you take it out and put it in a cup of Steradent, like you do your teeth?

Only joking, Brucey baby and just exercising my brain!

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top