Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2019, 01:53 PM

The Great People's Vote "Charade"

Strange how Remainers are always eager to accuse Brexiteers of lies. How about this one?

A March demanding a second EU Referendum was attended by around a third of the number claimed by organisers, an official estimate revealed yesterday.

The people's vote, which campaigned for a national poll on the terms of the UK's departure from the EU, said more than 700,000 joined the rally in October.

But a document from the Greater London Authority put the figure at just 250,000. Tory backbencher Anne-Marie Trevelyan said: Leaving the EU was an option on the ballot paper that attracted more votes than any referendum or politician in our history". "The People's Vote would do well to remember that!".

Talk about embellishing figures!

If there is no Brexit, or a second referendum, then you will witness what a March of many will look like!
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2019, 03:53 PM

Re: The Great People's Vote "Charade"

I think everyone is concerned now. Leavers and Remainers alike, but if Mrs May's deal is voted down as most MP's are threatening prior to even knowing about any updates or changes of the deal in question since the last aborted vote, it is painfully obvious that MP's are out to scupper the whole thing for either another 'people's vote', or a General Election.
'
Politics stinks, and this issue has shown just how much our MP's are there to cause more trouble and chaos in the hope that the result comes out in favour of their own personal vendetta, and totally forgetting the majority vote of this 'democratic' country. ('democratic' being questionable)

Anna Soubry being a prime example of wanting another people's vote, although her own constituency voted to leave the EU. Can't stand her, along with a few more female MP's who seem to be more temperamental and volatile. How politics has changed !
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2019, 04:09 PM

Anna Soubry should be rewarded by her constituents by being voted out or at least de-selected at the next election by someone who is prepared to carry out their wishes.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2019, 04:13 PM

We already have the peoples decision.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2019, 04:21 PM

Whenever they say the people's vote I always think who the hell do they think voted last time. we've had two already saying leave !
GillyT
Nottingham, England
GillyT is female  GillyT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2019, 04:35 PM

Pathetic....................................our present mob of MPs, not any of the members here.

As far as I can remember, the last 'STATESMAN' in UK Parliament was Harold Macmillan. He made a very good PM in my opinion. I can see nobody in parliament who could be a PM, regardless of the party.
At least, in the past there have been obvious natural leaders. As far as I can see, most of the MPs behave like a rabble in the school playground, and that is when there are more than a couple of dozen MPs turning up in the 'house' as it seems for most of the sittings.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2019, 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by GillyT ->
Pathetic....................................our present mob of MPs, not any of the members here.

As far as I can remember, the last 'STATESMAN' in UK Parliament was Harold Macmillan. He made a very good PM in my opinion. I can see nobody in parliament who could be a PM, regardless of the party.
At least, in the past there have been obvious natural leaders. As far as I can see, most of the MPs behave like a rabble in the school playground, and that is when there are more than a couple of dozen MPs turning up in the 'house' as it seems for most of the sittings.
Having the MPs withdrawn from the Power roles, which they once had, and having passed the lost "powers" to others elsewhere in the EU, you cannot expect anything else but a diminishing of skills.

Our lot have forgotten how to manage.

i
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2019, 12:44 AM

Ironically, Anna Soubry is in the news again today. Interesting to see the 'tweets' that the BBC have printed on this link. Lots of condemnation, but hey , the public are getting somewhat angry .
It could turn into something very nasty, very soon , and as MP's they should be aware of that !
It's no good calling for the police to do something, the damned politicians should all be disgusted with themselves and their intentions to cause division and downfall .

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-46785357

It would be interesting to know exactly what all these people want. If another vote was the same result.. what would they want to happen then ?
Banchory
Kent
Banchory is male  Banchory has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2019, 06:25 AM

Originally Posted by Puddle Duck ->

It would be interesting to know exactly what all these people want. If another vote was the same result.. what would they want to happen then ?
Simple really, if there were to be another referendum, make it legally binding so whatever the result is parliament has to enact it
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2019, 07:23 AM

Hi

Both sides are still lying and treating us with contempt.

The sky is not going to fall in, but neither are we going to have our cake and eat it.

Brexit is going to be much rougher than it should have been due to our bunch of idiots arguing instead of getting on with the job of preparing for it.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top