Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2019, 04:30 PM

Corbyn demanding general election

Another attempt to gain power by this slimy toad and his Marxist chums. This time using the Brexit farce as an excuse.

I presume that he knows that an election can't be called until April after which Brexit should be over and done with?

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-46824125
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2019, 04:32 PM

Re: Corbyn demanding general election

Doesn't he have a gnome to go to?

I take no notice of what the fleabag says.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2019, 05:43 PM

Looking for power off the back of a catastrophe will probably have the same result as, looking for love in the aftermath of a tragedy.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2019, 10:35 PM

The duplicitous Corbyn and his Momentum thugs jump on any band wagon they can. They jumped on the Grenfell disaster for political point scoring for example. Corbyn previously tried to use a Telford Primary school as a way to berate the Tories for cutting school funds . . . until the head teacher kindly set him straight by saying the Tories had actually increased their funding !

The man is an absolute cad, a con man who will say and do anything for votes.

That the Looney Labour party still haven't ousted him and replaced him with someone electable, esp given it was HIM that lost Labour the last election, is testament to how utterly stupid the Labour party are.

But hey, let em' carry on with their lunacy.

I'd be very happy for Jezbollah Corbyn to still be leading the Loonies at the next General Election because it will once again 100% guarantee another stonking Labour loss.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2019, 05:16 AM

Hi

Yet another example of him lying and treating us like idiots.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2019, 09:57 AM

Well as a corbyn fan I am truly confuzzled if I can't understand what he wants I don't doubt others are confused too. I thought he was an EU outer, but he won't say it, I love his policies for our country but he is refusing to say anything sensible about brexit. I know labour is split on it but no more split than tories. So I can't understand his reluctance to speak up.

Because of that I don't want him anywhere near the brexit chaos. Not that I want TM dealing with it either but whoever is doing it has a poisoned chalice in their hands and I'd rather it were the tories than labour. Uncharitable position I know but I refuse to feel guilty about it.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2019, 10:23 AM

Corbyn is just playing games at the expense of the country. He should be working with May to sort out a deal for our leaving the EU rather than playing both sides in the hope of alienating the least number of voters .

He knows there is no general election in the offing and any confidence vote would be defeated so to give the illusion that he actually has something to say he keeps repeating parrot fashion that he wants an election in the hope that no one notices he is paralysed by indecision and actually has nothing to say.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2019, 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Corbyn is just playing games at the expense of the country. He should be working with May to sort out a deal for our leaving the EU rather than playing both sides in the hope of alienating the least number of voters .

He knows there is no general election in the offing and any confidence vote would be defeated so to give the illusion that he actually has something to say he keeps repeating parrot fashion that he wants an election in the hope that no one notices he is paralysed by indecision and actually has nothing to say.
To be fair while you are right he should be working with May, several of the labour side who deal with brexit have expected to be at least invited for an opinion or have things explained to them have when they approached the other side been met with total silence, tories are not playing ball with anyone else on this or anything else it seems.

So blame where it should be placed is fair and square on tories for lack of collaboration.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2019, 10:54 AM

If the scumbag 'nasty party' falls, because of their incompetence over Brexit, then a General Election is the best option - I say BRING IT ON !!!
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2019, 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I thought he was an EU outer, but he won't say it
He IS totally against the EU and has actively opposed it all throughout his political years. This is so well documented and understood that he has absolutely no choice but to sit back powerless. Any reasonable opposition would be supporting the EU and offering the population 2nd referendums and other Billy BS but Corbyn can't as his record of opposing the EU is there for all to see.

Yet another reason why it absolutely beggars believe that the uber Loonies haven't ousted him and put in his place a genuine electable leader. Corbyn lost Looney Labour the last election, and he continues to utterly destroy the Labour Party from within. The damage he is causing could devastate Labour's chances for getting to No 10 for years and years to come.

Here's Corbyn's well documented history against the EU:

• Corbyn voted for Britain to leave the European Economic Community (EEC) in the 1975 European referendum.
• Corbyn opposed the creation of the European Union (EU) under the Maastricht Treaty – speaking and voting against it in Parliament in 1993.
• Corbyn voted against the Lisbon Treaty on more than one occasion in Parliament in 2008.
• In 2010, Corbyn voted against the creation of the European Union’s diplomatic service.
• Corbyn voted for a referendum on Britain’s membership of the EU in 2011 (breaking the Labour whip to do so).
•In 2011 Corbyn also opposed the creation of the EU’s European Stability Mechanism, which helps members of the Euro in financial difficulties.
• Corbyn opposed Britain’s participation in the EU’s Banking Authority in 2012.
• In 2016 his long-time left-wing ally Tariq Ali said that he was sure that if Corbyn was not Labour leader he would be campaigning for Britain to leave the EU, whilst his brother Piers Corbyn also said that Corbyn was privately opposed to Britain’s membership of the European Union.
• Corbyn went on holiday during the 2016 referendum campaign and his office staff consistently undermined the Remain campaign. He refused to attend a key Remain campaign launch and also attacked government ministers for publicising the Remain case, saying they should also have promoted arguments in favour of Leave vote. The Director of the Remain campaign, himself a Labour member and candidate, said, “Rather than making a clear and passionate Labour case for EU membership, Corbyn took a week’s holiday in the middle of the campaign and removed pro-EU lines from his speeches”. During the referendum campaign, Leave.EU highlighted Corbyn’s attacks on Europe made in 1996.
• The day after the European referendum in 2016, Corbyn called for the immediate invocation of Article 50 – the two year notice to leave the EU – much quicker than even Theresa May wanted.
• In December 2016, Corbyn voted in Parliament in favour of the UK leaving the EU and for the process to start no later than 31 March 2017.
• Corbyn three times voted in February 2017 in favour of the Prime Minister starting the process of leaving the European Union.
• In the summer of 2017, Corbyn opposed Britain remaining in the Single Market. He even sacked from his team Labour MPs who voted in favour of membership of the Single Market.

There you see the problem Corbyn has. He simply can not pretend to be pro EU to try and grab more votes. His past is there and well documented. He would be utterly crucified and belittled if he so much as tried to pretend that Remaining was a good idea.

Hence, Looney Labour remain totally Daffy Ducked. They have no chance of winning any election with Corbyn still at the helm. No-one (just about) believes the utter drivel he spouts nor the outrageous undeliverable promises and outright lies that come from him and his party members.

I love his policies for our country
Unfortunately they are largely undeliverable and require funding from Looney Labour's "Magic Money Tree".
Emotive niceties are no substitute for the hard realities this country faces. Much like the Loonies ideas that building loads of new homes will change things. It won't. It's just a political sleight of hand.

but he is refusing to say anything sensible about brexit. I know labour is split on it but no more split than tories. So I can't understand his reluctance to speak up.
He is silent because he is in a totally untenable position. If he comes right out truthfully and honestly, saying the EU is corrupt and we should have left years ago, then he instantly alienates all the voting Remainers. Not good for an election !

If he tries to engage in outrageous lies saying, ok, it would be better if we Remain in the EU then he will be crucified as per my earlier comments and he would be ridiculed not only by the UK media but by media organisations the world over.
Taking this approach would utterly destroy what little credibility the party still has and thus would lose a great many votes both from former Labour supporters and others.

Thus it can be seen easily why he is silent. Whatever he does, he will bring great damage to the Labour Party's chances at the next election.

Unfortunately, given that BrExit is THE SINGLE BIGGEST and most important issue facing our nation for centuries, it is wholly negligent of a leading political party to not be able to set out a clear stance on the issue. Hence Looney Labour's credibility is being destroyed all the time and has been since the referendum on 2016. It's simply ridiculous that Labour can't present a coherent and consistent stance on BrExit.

Again, ALL of this is ALL caused by having the lunatic Corbyn as the party leader. It's Corbyn that is so anti-EU.

Why the party hasn't ousted him is just unbelievable.

But hey, if your Looney Party wants to self-destruct then who are we to stand in their way. BRING IT ON !

Looney Labour - Unfit To Govern

Jezbollah Corbyn - Wholly unelectable

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top