Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2019, 10:27 PM

Re: James Middleton on mental health

Same here.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2019, 10:32 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I was going to post my thoughts on the James Middleton article, but won't bother after all - the continuing personal arguments put me off to be honest.
Sorry girls.

I am sorry too .
I thought it was an interesting topic for discussion.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2019, 11:10 PM

I think mental illness is neglected all too often because it is mostly invisible. Break a limb or have a cataract problem and people fall over themselves to help - not so with mental illness.

People seem afraid to talk about it - or to talk to those who are suffering with it - but it is very common in this country. Not all GPs are trained to recognise or deal with mental health issues - all too often patients are made to feel they are wasting the doctor's time or told to pull themselves together.. Often anti-depressants are prescribed without follow up to find out if they have worked or to assess the cause of the problem in the first place. Depression doesn't just happen - it has triggers - find these and you are half way to solving the problem - but when your average GP appointment is limited to 10mins per patient what chance is there of that?

I am glad you put up the link, Muddy, and it is an interesting topic - one that we should all be aware of - there but for the grace of God etc.,
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2019, 01:02 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
but if they dislike a person they have none at all.
You are right Julie. I have personal knowledge of this. I have 3 women, who....because they don't like me, they try to destroy me using my depression as the weapon. They will never be happy until I am dead.

I don't know how people can deliberately try to destroy a person who they KNOW has serious mental problems. We have a hard life, lots of challenges and sadness.

I believe over50s forum is the best forum I have ever been on. People treat me so well here, and they try to help me if they know I am having a bad day. I love the girls on this forum. Most of them anyway..........and the men are lovely too.
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2019, 01:05 AM

Thanks for putting up that link Muddy and thanks to all the ladies on this thread who have patience with a person who has mental health issues. Some people believe that we shouldn't be on a forum if we have mental health issues.....
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2019, 12:05 PM

Originally Posted by wild blueberry ->
You are right Julie. I have personal knowledge of this. I have 3 women, who....because they don't like me, they try to destroy me using my depression as the weapon. They will never be happy until I am dead.

I don't know how people can deliberately try to destroy a person who they KNOW has serious mental problems. We have a hard life, lots of challenges and sadness.

I believe over50s forum is the best forum I have ever been on. People treat me so well here, and they try to help me if they know I am having a bad day. I love the girls on this forum. Most of them anyway..........and the men are lovely too.
Exactly what I meant WB. I think you are incredibly brave to say you have problems. clearly you aren't alone many many people have mental health issues and I truly believe not everyone on this forum can be perfectly well at all times but they don't tell us so we can't know to be that bit more patient with them.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2019, 12:47 AM

That's what it says on this video ....

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top