Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2019, 03:43 PM

Re: Bribery and corruption

Don't hold your breath LD. The gloves are coming off and anything could happen in the next few weeks. Even a Labour Government. OR, a Lib Dem one. OR a new one with deserters from all sides could appear and take over.
Devo
SW UK
Devo is male  Devo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2019, 03:44 PM

That may or may not be the case but is it relevant? The self-serving ba***rds of the Tory Party are the ones that have been in power (in name, anyway) since 2010.
All parties (of the non-anarchist variety at least) exist to achieve power but some (Labour, for example) do it for reasons beyond the furtherance of their own and their close chums' wealth.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2019, 03:45 PM

On the whole, I think it's time for a change of government as this one has pretty much run its course and is tired and weak. I also have no objection in particular to Labour taking over for a few years since the synthesis between periods of Left-Right wing rule is what makes things progress in a more or less even keel, instead of stagnate and die.

I just wish that Corbyn would wake up and get rid of Abbot since there is no way that I could possible imagine her being anything other than (substantial) dead weight.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2019, 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by Devo ->
That may or may not be the case but is it relevant? The self-serving ba***rds of the Tory Party are the ones that have been in power (in name, anyway) since 2010.
All parties (of the non-anarchist variety at least) exist to achieve power but some (Labour, for example) do it for reasons beyond the furtherance of their own and their close chums' wealth.
The Tories are there for a reason...they were voted in. Don't get me wrong, I think our current lot are a shower of shite but I certainly don't believe that the Labour party do it for anything other than their own advancement either.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2019, 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
Don't hold your breath LD. The gloves are coming off and anything could happen in the next few weeks. Even a Labour Government. OR, a Lib Dem one. OR a new one with deserters from all sides could appear and take over.
I know roxy, interesting times ahead. A new one would be good but then they would just be the old ones if you know what I mean.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2019, 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I know roxy, interesting times ahead. A new one would be good but then they would just be the old ones if you know what I mean.
We all know that if you put an infinite number of monkeys in front of an infinite number of typewriters and get them all to press a single key, then somewhere along the line you'd have the complete works of Shakespeare.

Just seems to me that we keep on putting the same old, same old bunch of monkeys in place in parliament in the hope that, by the laws of statistics, one day they might actually get things right.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

13-01-2019, 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
We all know that if you put an infinite number of monkeys in front of an infinite number of typewriters and get them all to press a single key, then somewhere along the line you'd have the complete works of Shakespeare.

Just seems to me that we keep on putting the same old, same old bunch of monkeys in place in parliament in the hope that, by the laws of statistics, one day they might actually get things right.
I wish there was a new bunch of monkeys we could use but they all seem to have left the Country.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2019, 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by Devo ->
Karen Bradley - the N Ireland secretary who didn't realise sectarianism was an issue in N.Ireland when she took the job.
Really, this bribe is no different to the one the DUP were bunged to shore up May's leadership.
The Tory party's sole objective is the continuance of the Tory party being in power so this is hardly a surprise.

Ahhh - but what about the bribe bunged to Arlene Foster the leader of the DUP from the fuel companies - which caused the collapse of the power-sharing agreement with Sinn Fein.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...ot-responsible
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK

13-01-2019, 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I wish there was a new bunch of monkeys we could use but they all seem to have left the Country.
Perhaps we could import a new set while our immigration laws are so lenient
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK

13-01-2019, 04:08 PM

Crumbs. Don't know about you, but I'm shocked to hear of these stories involving members of the "upright" warm and cuddly party:

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/lond...-a3715111.html

https://londonlovesbusiness.com/top-...arty-scandals/

I wouldn't have thought that is was possible that UJ would advocate such behaviour.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top