Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2019, 02:25 PM

It must be love

https://uk.yahoo.com/news/more-100-m...174447151.html

So, they are begging us to stay. That's nice. How about we will if the policies and rules that we really object to, and which led to the outcome of the referendum being what it was, are changed in the spirit of mutual appeasement?

Or is that beyond their wit?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2019, 02:29 PM

Re: It must be love

They seem to be under the impression we are leaving Europe because that's only way we won't be able to travel to Europe. Missing the point it's just the EU we are leaving and we will still be able to travel where ever we want for was it £6 every three years ? Seems they also miss the point we want changes, big ones to stay in the EU. Too little too late IMO they have spent several decades now disrespecting us and causing bad feelings.
zuludog
N E Lancashire
zuludog is male  zuludog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2019, 02:54 PM

I have no objections to trading with European or other countries; that was the original purpose of the EEC
But as it changed to become the EU, being governed by other countries is unacceptable
zuludog
N E Lancashire
zuludog is male  zuludog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2019, 03:05 PM

It is obvious why the EU is making it so difficult for Britain to leave, and why the individual countries want Britain to Remain -

Britain is the third highest contributor to EU finances, and they would have to cough up the missing money themselves

And if Britain does leave successfully, despite the abysmal efforts of our government, that will only encourage other countries to do so
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2019, 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by zuludog ->
It is obvious why the EU is making it so difficult for Britain to leave, and why the individual countries want Britain to Remain -

Britain is the third highest contributor to EU finances, and they would have to cough up the missing money themselves

And if Britain does leave successfully, despite the abysmal efforts of our government, that will only encourage other countries to do so
Nail on head there zulu
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2019, 03:38 PM

The only way I would wish to stay in the EU, is if a binding all-time agreement was made to:.

Each EU nation to have the lions share of fishing rights in their own waters.
No interference from Brussels with regard to our Immigration policy.
No interference from Brussels with regard to changing the benefit system for immigrants.
No interference from the ECJ over our own Supreme Court Rulings.
No harmonisation of Taxes - ever!
No more ridiculous red tape that hinders our small businesses.
Never have to join the Euro
Never have to join their so-called EU Army.
And finally, Revert back to what we originally thought we were joining, The Common Market!

Don't think there is much chance of me ever having my mind changed!!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

13-01-2019, 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
The only way I would wish to stay in the EU, is if a binding all-time agreement was made to:.

No interference from Brussels with regard to changing the benefit system for immigrants.
And finally, Revert back to what we originally thought we were joining, The Common Market!

That would get my vote too SG !
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2019, 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->

Pretty well sums up why so many people decided it's time to jump ship, irrespective of how much of the proverbial will initially hit the fan for a while.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2019, 04:05 PM

How nice of them but No thanks.

I wonder why they want us to stay?.....................
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK

13-01-2019, 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
How nice of them but No thanks.

I wonder why they want us to stay?.....................
It's the Cheddar Cheese that they'd really miss. Wish they would just open up and come clean about it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top