Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2019, 09:28 AM

Re: Anger over 'naked men' at unisex changing rooms in Bath

The answer seems very simple to me. If you don't want them - don't use them. If enough people stopped using them the 'providers' would have to do something or risk losing money.
Ripple
Ripple is female  Ripple has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2019, 09:36 AM

I don’t like unisex or same sex open changing rooms whether it’s for a pool or clothing store I make the effort to swim or shop elsewhere. I’ve been there done it seen it didn’t like it.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2019, 11:12 AM

It's a load of rubbish isn't it, I don't know many women or men want these facilities. They brought in mixed wards in hospitals that IMO never worked and now they seem to be splitting them up again. Wasted money and unhappy patients. Same with changing facilities.

I do think there is a place for family changing areas though, as single sex makes it more difficult if you are there with opposite sex kids. There have definitely been times I would have liked help getting dressed in areas but my husband was barred from entering. I also had problems when my dad still wanted to swim but couldn't undress or dress himself. We ended up having oldest son having to go in and help him and he was only 10 at the time trying to deal with a 60 year old man with anger issues, not pleasant for anyone involved.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2019, 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by Bratti ->
We have what’s referred to “Family Change” rooms at our gym that are unisexed. I’ve never gone into them so have no idea what they are like but I haven’t heard any crazy stories either.
Perhaps if they changed the name to “gender neutral” they’d have a different group of people using them. I’m not sure. Times are changing .

I’m not very comfortable with anyone walking around naked exposing themselves to all. It’s uncomfortable . Most people change and that’s it so alls good. It’s a great gym!
Gym? What's a gym?
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2019, 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by silver tabby ->
the answer seems very simple to me. If you don't want them - don't use them. If enough people stopped using them the 'providers' would have to do something or risk losing money.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2019, 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
I don't think anyone should be naked in public, I think some are just exhibitionists.
Surely there are cubicles?
Agreed
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2019, 03:47 PM

Where my MIL was living there was a Transgender living there, Man who has crossed over to Woman, and I've always wondered what Toilet or Changing room does he go into! or should I say her now.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2019, 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by susiejaeger ->
Where my MIL was living there was a Transgender living there, Man who has crossed over to Woman, and I've always wondered what Toilet or Changing room does he go into! or should I say her now.
Maybe he or she has a Radar Key and nips into the Disabled Loo.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

16-01-2019, 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by susiejaeger ->
But don't any of you feel sorry for these poor uncertain people?

No, me neither.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2019, 09:21 AM

I wouldn't mind JBR but he is over 70 years old and was Married with two Daughters, who doesn't want to know him now.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top