Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2019, 08:57 PM

Do You Have Much To Do With Your Cousins?

I mostly see my cousins at funerals and weddings these days. Sometimes, l see them in the town and we always get on really well.
My own children have a lot to do with their cousins, except one of my sister’s three boys, who they have absolutely nothing in common with! I don’t think they would even recognise them if they saw them!

So what about you and your family, do you get on ok with your cousins and keep in touch? Or are they your worst enemies?
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2019, 09:01 PM

Re: Do You Have Much To Do With Your Cousins?

No, I have one as a friend on Social Media, one I send Xmas cards to and that's it. I have lots of cousins though, some are deceased now, but some aren't.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2019, 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
No, I have one as a friend on Social Media, one I send Xmas cards to and that's it. I have lots of cousins though, some are deceased now, but some aren't.
TessA, Don’t you see any of your cousins at weddings, funerals or other family events? Or, have you all just lost contact?
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2019, 09:15 PM

I’ve never had any but wish I did. I envy you people who do.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2019, 09:19 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
TessA, Don’t you see any of your cousins at weddings, funerals or other family events? Or, have you all just lost contact?
No one has got married, buried etc for ages. My Dad had 12 siblings and Mum had 4. I don't know some of my Dad's family as he was the youngest of them all and he was born in 1907 so most have gone their own ways.
My sisters lived overseas and I went to S.Africa for a few years so we all kind of lost touch with extended family.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

14-01-2019, 09:20 PM

Originally Posted by Bratti ->
I’ve never had any but wish I did. I envy you people who do.
Bratti, Put the news about that you have won millions on the Lottery. You’d soon have plenty of ‘long lost’ cousins’ appearing out of the woodwork!!
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2019, 09:24 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Bratti, Put the news about that you have won millions on the Lottery. You’d soon have plenty of ‘long lost’ cousins’ appearing out of the woodwork!!
True but they’d never be able to prove it.
I suppose there’s pros and cons with everything
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2019, 09:25 PM

I am very fond of all my cousins, even though we do not live near to each other. When we were young we were quite close and have remained in contact now we are older. I have happy memories of us all when we got together for "do's". My grandchildren see a lot of their cousins and I hope they will maintain their relationships as they get older.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK

14-01-2019, 09:26 PM

I forgot to mention, I had one cousin in Wales that I send a Christmas card to, I had it returned by the PO this year, he must have passed on.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2019, 09:50 PM

On my Mum’s side I had two cousins, but one sadly died during a hospital procedure. She was an only child and it devastated her elderly parents, husband and children. And us. There is one remaining cousin (from a different set of parents) but we only saw him at her funeral, and at a party.

On my dad’s side there are many cousins. I am FB friend’s with the two daughters of his surviving brother, and one daughter of a sister of his. The others are around somewhere. Oh, three more cousins we met up with at a recent funeral.

Mum had two cousins she was close to, and I keep in touch with the female one, who is in her 80s. She always thanks me for my phone calls.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top