Join for free
Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2019, 10:48 AM

Re: Things that please you

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
Next time she goes out - move.
Now that's an idea Bruce, but I would hate to go around in unironed shirts, and there's only so much room in the sink for dirty pots....
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2019, 11:50 AM

A lot of things please me each day, cuddle with daughter as she leaves the car to go into school and her joy as she comes out later surrounded by girls and boys all laughing and joking with each other.
My dogs so many things about them gives me joy. I'd be doing a realist post to put it all down.

When my husband comes home from work the absolute sheer joy Elsie labrador displays is a joy to behold, Betty and Missy go to say hello but Elsie's joy is off the scale he can hardly get in the door !

Arriving at work in the evening, I know an odd one, but I've never worked anywhere before that greets me with such relief and pleasure at seeing me, my replacements when I am holiday say they don't believe it as they think the people are unfriendly and fussy. But me they just seem to love walking through the door. Very strange I don't do anything to engender that just do my job with a smile on my face. Very strange.

That first sip of coffee in the morning is a thing of joy too and the first sip of hot chocolate before I go to bed.
Loads more

thank you for a lovely positive thread

BTW we need more positives IMO
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2019, 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
I think we are singing from the same songsheet Sweetie....
We might be.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2019, 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
I think we are singing from the same songsheet Sweetie....
No time for singing.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2019, 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
Next time she goes out - move.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2019, 01:15 PM

What a positive response!

A few things please me. Quite a few things actually. My dear wife of course. A lady of many talents. My children and grandchildren. They remind me that there is more to life than me just being a grumpy old faart.

Then there all the lovely people I meet on my walks. To keep it brief, I'll mention just one. A lovely lady I visit when we are strolling. She is severely disabled, has to have electrically operated doors. But the delight on her face when Max and I stroll in is priceless.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2019, 06:55 PM

A little addendum.
I was walking by that lady's door so we popped in. In actual fact, Max directs me there, flops down on the floor beside her wheel chair.Empathy perhaps.

While we were in, her carers arrived. They were so pleased that she had a new furry friend.

I suppose I should be proud of Max for making friends but really, I am privileged to have him.

Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top