Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
marmaduke
uk ( Cheshire)
marmaduke is male  marmaduke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2019, 08:24 AM

Virgins

After reading this I’m so pleased I held onto my virginity ....

What is the right age to lose your virginity? http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-46794269

Having sex too soon is the biggest regret of young people losing their virginity, a survey of British sexual behaviour suggests.
More than a third of women and a quarter of men in their teens and early 20s admitted it had not been "the right time" when they first had sex.
People must be 16 or over to legally consent to sex.
The latest National Survey of Sexual Attitudes and Lifestyles poll says many people may not be ready at that age.
The Natsal survey, carried out every decade or so, gives a detailed picture of sexual behaviour in the UK.
For this latest work, published in BMJ Sexual & Reproductive Health, researchers at the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine looked at the responses of nearly 3,000 young people who had completed the survey between 2010 and 2012.
The findings
The responses showed that nearly 40% of young women and 26% of young men did not feel that their first sexual experience had happened "at the right time".
When asked in more depth, most said they wished they had waited longer to lose their virginity. Few said they should have done it sooner.
Most had had sex by the time they were 18 - half had done it by the end of their 16th year.
Nearly a third had sex before turning 16.
Equally willing
The survey also looked at sexual competence or readiness - whether a person could reasonably make an informed decision about whether to have sex for the first time. For example, they had to be sober enough to have consented and should not have been acting on peer pressure.
Around half of the young women and four in 10 of the young men who responded failed this measure.
And almost one in five women and one in 10 men said they and their partner had not been equally willing to have sex at the time, suggesting some felt pressured to have intercourse.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2019, 08:33 AM

Re: Virgins

There is no right age for a geezer, some lads get fed up with playing with their "Conkers" earlier than others.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2019, 11:05 AM

I don't think this is something we can say that one size fits all, we personally had one criteria we both wanted to be married first so that meant we were early twenties. If we had met later it would have been later. We felt their were consequences to sex that we were only willing to face in a couple and that worked well for us.

I believe our boys waited or are waiting too but obviously they might be telling us porkie pies so we don't worry. always possible I think
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2019, 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
There is no right age for a geezer, some lads get fed up with playing with their "Conkers" earlier than others.
that made me laugh.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2019, 11:09 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I don't think this is something we can say that one size fits all, we personally had one criteria we both wanted to be married first so that meant we were early twenties. If we had met later it would have been later. We felt their were consequences to sex that we were only willing to face in a couple and that worked well for us.

I believe our boys waited or are waiting too but obviously they might be telling us porkie pies so we don't worry. always possible I think
And that.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

15-01-2019, 11:11 AM

I first had proper sex at sixteen and believe me I was ready.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2019, 11:13 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
And that.
I read it back twice and didn't think that
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2019, 11:40 AM

Hi

I was desperate to lose mine, but was no good with girls.

It took some time.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2019, 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I first had proper sex at sixteen and believe me I was ready.
Same for me.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2019, 12:42 PM

Got it wrong again Dad! I thought the Teens was the time for "Improper" sex.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top