Join for free
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2019, 10:14 PM

Have you got a temper?

I have just seen in today's paper that a 51 year old man is making a business out of what he calls 'Rage Rooms.'
He has just opened the first one in a former church (of all places), in Norwich.

The idea is, anyone can go in and smash up plates, and old t.v's etc by venting their fury on them with a hammer!
The owner calls it "A source of stress relief."

There is a cost of course . . . . he charges £20 for 20 mins!

Now I don't know about anyone else, but I think this is one of the most ridiculous, money grabbing ideas I've heard for a good while.

You might say " it could save them smashing a person up instead."

Well maybe this is true is some cases.
But how many people lost their rags to the extent of needing to take a hammer to a t.v. in the first place?
And what happens if they fly into one of these violent rages and haven't got £20 to spare?
Or what happens if they have an uncontrollable urge to smash things when this business is closed for the day?

Personally, I think they would do much better to learn how to calm their mind and control their temper, rather than pay to be be violent!

What are your views?
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2019, 10:20 PM

Re: Have you got a temper?

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I have just seen in today's paper that a 51 year old man is making a business out of what he calls 'Rage Rooms.'
He has just opened the first one in a former church (of all places), in Norwich.

The idea is, anyone can go in and smash up plates, and old t.v's etc by venting their fury on them with a hammer!
The owner calls it "A source of stress relief."

There is a cost of course . . . . he charges £20 for 20 mins!

Now I don't know about anyone else, but I think this is one of the most ridiculous, money grabbing ideas I've heard for a good while.

You might say " it could save them smashing a person up instead."

Well maybe this is true is some cases.
But how many people lost their rags to the extent of needing to take a hammer to a t.v. in the first place?
And what happens if they fly into one of these violent rages and haven't got £20 to spare?
Or what happens if they have an uncontrollable urge to smash things when this business is closed for the day?

Personally, I think they would do much better to learn how to calm their mind and control their temper, rather than pay to be be violent!

What are your views?
Get a dog!
A big active dog. And walk.
Best stress relief in the world.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2019, 10:21 PM

Yes, everyone has one, mine always takes me by surprise, and usually for the wrong reasons.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2019, 10:24 PM

Funny you should bring this subject up Mups, I watched a programme that my husband had recorded today called Fights, Camera, Action and I was astonished at how angry people can get and not even think about their actions. I would be scared around people such as the ones on that show.

I don't have a bad temper and wouldn't dream of smashing things up in temper. My husband might disagree and say I have a temper LOL

Here is a clip from the show I watched today, unbloodybelievable

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iS95dZYmFEA
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2019, 10:26 PM

Not a new idea. Someone years ago in Japan had those dummies that couldn't be knocked down. A photo of an employees boss or someone they hated was placed on the dummy and they were given a ken-do style staff to hit them with.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2019, 10:27 PM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
Get a dog!
A big active dog. And walk.
Best stress relief in the world.

That's only ok if you happen to like dogs, and not everyone does.
Also, if I knew someone had a violent temper, he would never have been allowed a dog of mine in the first place!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

24-02-2019, 10:28 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Yes, everyone has one, mine always takes me by surprise, and usually for the wrong reasons.

I have never had a violent temper in my life, Spitty!

I can get the 'ump, but that's about all.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

24-02-2019, 10:32 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
Funny you should bring this subject up Mups, I watched a programme that my husband had recorded today called Fights, Camera, Action and I was astonished at how angry people can get and not even think about their actions. I would be scared around people such as the ones on that show.

I don't have a bad temper and wouldn't dream of smashing things up in temper. My husband might disagree and say I have a temper LOL

Here is a clip from the show I watched today, unbloodybelievable

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iS95dZYmFEA

I'm the same as you, Queenie. Never smashed anything up in my life.

As for that video . . . she's a nutter with a very big problem IMO.
I would be scared around people capable of behaving like that too.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

24-02-2019, 10:33 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Not a new idea. Someone years ago in Japan had those dummies that couldn't be knocked down. A photo of an employees boss or someone they hated was placed on the dummy and they were given a ken-do style staff to hit them with.

Would that appeal to you Judsy?
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2019, 10:37 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
That's only ok if you happen to like dogs, and not everyone does.
Also, if I knew someone had a violent temper, he would never have been allowed a dog of mine in the first place!
#My point was that it is stress relief. Better than smashing up things. Or people.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top