Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Kazz
West Mids
Kazz is female  Kazz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2020, 12:48 PM

Re: March jobs in the garden

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
You just reminded me that I have some runner bean seeds from last year. Some bought and some from pods. I might try those.
Better in the ground than on the shelf
Kazz
West Mids
Kazz is female  Kazz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2020, 12:56 PM

Although I trimmed my roses back a bit last year, I have neglected to prune a couple of them. I would like to hard prune them so they don't get so tall this year but they are already leafing up. Is it too late?
Not an expert on roses and do not own one. However my neighbour Rose Guru man has roses everywhere back front standard tree, bush, climbers ramblers everything I think. He starts weather permitting Valentines day ie 14th February and always aims to be finished by April fools day he says prune after that and they make a fool of you start on the day you love them. So yes I would do it now
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2020, 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by Kazz ->
Not an expert on roses and do not own one. However my neighbour Rose Guru man has roses everywhere back front standard tree, bush, climbers ramblers everything I think. He starts weather permitting Valentines day ie 14th February and always aims to be finished by April fools day he says prune after that and they make a fool of you start on the day you love them. So yes I would do it now
Good advice Kazz!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2020, 04:59 PM

Yay .. . me compost arrived today at last.
That's cheered me up.

Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2020, 09:42 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
No, I only did some of mine a couple of weeks back, but you'd best get your finger out as I wouldn't leave it past end of March really.
Okay Ta! I shall do them tomorrow afternoon.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2020, 09:43 PM

Thanks kazz
Kazz
West Mids

31-03-2020, 05:50 PM

Thanks kazz

An easy way to remember
Kazz
West Mids

31-03-2020, 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Yay .. . me compost arrived today at last.
That's cheered me up.

YEAH
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

31-03-2020, 06:52 PM

An easy way to remember
Except I forgot.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top