Join for free
Page 5 of 15 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »
Ray Cathode
Scotland, UK (but not EU)
Ray Cathode is male  Ray Cathode has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2020, 11:00 PM

Re: Italy

The snowflakes will be thanking us for this when they claim their pensions.
DSmith
New Member!
South Wales, UK
DSmith is male 

29-03-2020, 11:57 PM

I don't understand how the numbers of people with the virus in Italy have kept rising. I'm not 100% sure, but I thought they went into lock down about 3 weeks ago?

I would have thought the number of new infections should be falling.

Also, I wonder how this virus is so very contagious?

Is it spreading in people's breath like the Spanish flu of 1918?
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2020, 12:15 AM

Originally Posted by DSmith ->
I don't understand how the numbers of people with the virus in Italy have kept rising. I'm not 100% sure, but I thought they went into lock down about 3 weeks ago?

In italy old folks live with their children and grandchildren under the same roof. Children get infected, have hardly any symptoms but can spread the virus to their grandparents who do get severe symptoms, and die.
Even under lockdown children get in touch with each other and spread the virus. Adults still have to shop, and spread the virus.

In germany they have the same number of elderly, but have less contact with children. So in germany you see less elderly getting it. On the longer term this difference with italy will fade.

The virus is so contagious because it is transmitted via saliva, tears, and stays alive outside the body for some time. Hiv is just as contagious perse, but it is transmitted via sexual contact. That excludes children as transmittors. Contact between adults is sporadic. The virus doesn't stay alive for long outside the body.
God forbid a deadly virus like hiv would be transmitted in the same way as corona. Death rate would be rampart.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2020, 06:55 AM

I'm wondering how many will die in places like South Africa India and similar countries where there are masses of people who have so little they cannot isolate. Surely the older generation will just about all die?
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2020, 07:01 AM

Summer I was just wondering how Africa was getting on .
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2020, 07:02 AM

Hi

Trying to make political capital about this is just plain wrong.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2020, 07:11 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Summer I was just wondering how Africa was getting on .
As if they haven't enough to contend with...
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2020, 09:36 AM

India will be a humanitarian disaster as well.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2020, 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by DSmith ->

Spain is also in a bad way especially in Madrid .
They have been in lock down since March 14 th
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2020, 11:29 AM

Turns out a lot of the testing kits donated by China don't actually work and give between 30% and 80% false readings. Similarly, the face masks and respirators donated as well, don't work either.

Doctors in Italy are reverting back to the swab methods of testing they used before to diagnose patients which take much longer but are far better in reliability.

Sshhhh ! Don't tell the WHO whatever you do, they don't like negative comments about the Chinese Communist Party...

Page 5 of 15 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top