Join for free
Page 247 of 505 « First < 147 197 237 245 246 247 248 249 257 297 347 > Last »
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2020, 11:48 PM

Re: Chinese Coronavirus

What has the last 3 pages to do with the thousands dying with this virus??????.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2020, 11:50 PM

Originally Posted by bakerman ->
Today, technology is moving so rapidly that it is difficult to "keep up to speed". Just when I think I am reasonably aware, I often discover that a year later my info is prehistoric.
Today, the average 12 yr old knows far more than me about cell phones and computers.
the average 12 year old knows zilch about technology. Just my opinion.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2020, 11:52 PM

Originally Posted by galty ->
Not much galty but this is also a thread for those who want to vent about the injustice of if all. Mental health affects will become apparent.
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2020, 11:59 PM

Originally Posted by galty ->
It has plenty to do with the virus. People are frightened. They worry about all sorts of possibilities, including chaos in the streets.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2020, 02:36 AM

In god's own country more restrictions enacted today:

Foreign buyers will be slapped with tougher rules to prevent them acquiring Australian companies during the coronavirus crisis amid plunging share prices and fears of predatory takeovers.

Treasurer Josh Frydenberg moved on Sunday night to slash a key takeover threshold from $1.2 billion to zero in order to ensure any overseas bid could be blocked at his discretion after scrutiny by federal officials.

Australians aged over 70 have been urged to remain at home and all outdoor gatherings will be restricted to just two people, as Prime Minister Scotty from Marketing imposed a further social crackdown on Sunday night to slow the spread of the coronavirus.

All Australians have now been told to leave their homes only to shop for food or other essential supplies, to seek medical care, to exercise under public gathering rules or for work and education if these cannot be conducted remotely.

In Victoria, Premier Daniel Andrews said people will face an on-spot-fine of more than $1,600 if you breach the two-person rule.

In South Australia, the fine will be $1,000.

For NSW, Premier Gladys Berejiklian said authorities would be cracking down on those breaking the two-person rule and wanted everyone to start practising it from today.

ACT Chief Minister Andrew Barr said the first phase would be about education and warnings, but the second phase would include the capacity for police to issue fines.

In Tasmania, Premiere Peter Gutwein said police would enforce the rule. "You will be able to be arrested. You will be charged and summonsed," he said.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2020, 05:56 AM

Global Cases 722350
Global Deaths 33980
Mortality Rate 4.7%
(Flu Mortality Rate 0.1%)

Australia
Cases 4163
Deaths 17
Critical 28
Cases per Million 163

U.K.
Cases 19522
Deaths 1228
Critical 163
Cases per Million 288

USA
Cases 142178
Deaths 2484
Critical 2970
Cases per Million 430

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2020, 08:17 AM

Bakers Dolphin, airline staff and many more volunteering to drive ambulances, help the NHS etc. Heroes all of them!
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2020, 08:36 AM

Mental health during a time of crisis.

Getting a tad too stressed out ? Climbing the walls ?

Suggestion

1.) for at least one day, do not watch any news. You are quite safe inside your flat.

2.) watch a really good movie. For the ladies. may I suggest the film: UNDER TUSCAN SUN. I honestly believe it will lift your spirits. (Can be rented from Amazon Prime Videos)

3.) While watching the film, eat something chocolate.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	poster-180x270.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	14.1 KB
ID:	12067  
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2020, 08:40 AM

I think that is a given. However, the U.K. and the U.S. have the necessary forces in reserve. It is possible, perhaps even likely, that we will see armed troops in the streets to protect the honest citizenry. Both our countries may need , repeat may need, to call up discharged troops.

Pres. Trump has been given "war time powers". Not to worry. Those troops are our sons, grandsons, and nephews. The last thing they would ever want is to engage in a coup d'état.
Hi

The USA may have, the UK does not.

Reservist Medical Staff are already being called up.

Four years ago the UK ran an exercise on how we could cope with a Pandemic or a Chemical or Biological Attack.

The result was a complete failure.

It was ignored by our Government on grounds of cost.

To be fair to Boris, he was not part of this.

It was May and Hunt

May is keeping stum, Hunt is whinging about things.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2020, 08:40 AM

Mental health during a time of crisis.

Getting a tad too stressed out ? Climbing the walls ?

Suggestion

1.) for at least one day, do not watch any news. You are quite safe inside your flat.

2.) watch a really good movie. For the ladies. may I suggest the film: UNDER TUSCAN SUN. I honestly believe it will lift your spirits.

3.) While watching the film, eat something chocolate.
I keep telling myself I'm not gonna watch the news but I can't stick to it, something makes me gravitate towards it

Page 247 of 505 « First < 147 197 237 245 246 247 248 249 257 297 347 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top