Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2020, 09:02 AM

Re: Ignoring Coronavirus Advice

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
The supermarkets should be able to tell the people causing trouble for staff to leave if they cant queue in an orderly manner. I was talking to a staff member in Asda and he told me he was fed up of being abused by customers.

I found myself apologising for the behaviour of idiots.
Hi

So what happens when the pillocks refuse?

They cannot put themselves at risk of being attacked by those younger and fitter than themselves.

I am like you LQ, I am very polite to the staff and thank them.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2020, 10:07 AM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
We see very few people when walking the dogs, but those that we do see all respect the 2 metre separation thing whether or not they stop for a chat.

Same here Barry & Queenie, nobody stops for a chat here either. In fact I cross over altogether and see others taking safe steps too. It's just Swim having yet another pop at dog walkers.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2020, 10:10 AM

Daughter was queuing outside Asda . A middle aged couple both had trolleys ,the staff member refused both trollys entrance . Their was such an argument and disrespect from the man towards the staff member , my daughter supported the staff member and gave her opinion to the couple who reluctantly only took in one trolly .

How selfish
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2020, 10:20 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

You are very fortunate in that LQ.

Unfortunately that is not the case everywhere.

The riverside walks here are full of people who think they are immune.

Yesterday we had idiots at Morrisons arguing with staff about one person at a time in and also standing and crowding at the cashpoints.

Pet shops are still open, including Tropical Fish Shops.

Really?

I keep fish, no way I would go to a shop, you can order things online.

We are still importing fish and corals from around the World.

Complete and utter nonsense.

Of course pet shops are open, and thank God they are too!

Food shops must stay open, as you well know.
Animals need food as well as you!

As for its so easy to order online - again you have no idea.
I was looking at a well known pet food store on line last night, and was asked to be patient as I was customer 842 trying to view what they had, let alone order anything.

You also made a very selfish comment a couple of days ago about feed humans first, and I asked you at the time if you would sit and stuff your face and leave your dog with nothing?
You didn't answer.
As I said previously, that would tell me all I need to know about a person.

You just ask Tabby, Dongle, Twink, Barry, Shroppie, Besoeker, Meg, Mags, or any of the many pet owners on here if they would enjoy tucking in if their animals had nothing!

I am getting tired of your continuing digs at good, kind people who do no harm to anyone.
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2020, 10:25 AM

I feel guilty being out as much as I am, but I have my mum to keep an eye on and I am also 'on call' for 3 women older than me who have worse health than I do and really do need to be in isolation. My mother has known them all for about 50+ years and thus they are close family friends. I don't see them all every day, just if they need something, but I just hope other people don't think I am ignoring the precautions out of bloody-mindedness.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

30-03-2020, 10:29 AM

Originally Posted by susan m ->
Daughter was queuing outside Asda . A middle aged couple both had trolleys ,the staff member refused both trollys entrance . Their was such an argument and disrespect from the man towards the staff member , my daughter supported the staff member and gave her opinion to the couple who reluctantly only took in one trolly .

How selfish

I agree Susan.
As has been said already, doesn't this show some people's true colours.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

30-03-2020, 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by Tachyon ->
I feel guilty being out as much as I am, but I have my mum to keep an eye on and I am also 'on call' for 3 women older than me who have worse health than I do and really do need to be in isolation. My mother has known them all for about 50+ years and thus they are close family friends. I don't see them all every day, just if they need something, but I just hope other people don't think I am ignoring the precautions out of bloody-mindedness.

You're a good man to offer help Tachyon.
And don't worry, we are allowed to assist others at the mo.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2020, 10:54 AM

I have never seen so many people walking through my hamlet which is on a public footpath Most seem to be keeping their distance but are still touching gates and dropping litter
My neighbour out for a walk saw two hatchbacks full of teenagers park down the lane through the village and have a picnic on the grass , she spoke to them politely and they told her to 'f... off'

My brother lives in the Hope Valley in the Peak National Park and said last week streams of people drove past his house and there was lots of litter dropped (which could have contained the virus) also people using a layby which is screened from the road by trees as a loo (he can see it from the bedroom window)

I wish some people would have a little more consideration for others and the countryside
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2020, 11:14 AM

Saw this earlier...

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	info.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	41.4 KB
ID:	12070  
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2020, 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

If you are not meeting anyone else that is fine.

You are no risk to yourself or others.

The problem here and in other places is idiotic dog walkers stopping for a chat with their mates.
As long as they are a safe distance apart that should not be a problem, Swimmy. Most people around here are respecting that rule.

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top