Join for free
Page 168 of 190 « First < 68 118 158 166 167 168 169 170 178 > Last »
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2020, 12:43 PM

Re: Bob's Bits.

Originally Posted by Mags ->
How long are you supposed to take the tablets for Bob?

Also, is it wise to continue running while you are still in pain from the gout?

Please don’t think I’m nagging but I would hate to think you were putting yourself at some risk.

I sound like Mother Mags now!
Not at all Mags, It's always nice to hear from you....

The Allopurinol are for life Mags....They will reduce the amount of uric acid in my blood which is responsible for the gout.

The Colchicine is an anti inflammatory and the doctor gave me three months supply to take one per day while the Allopurinol settles down the uric acid.
Once the acid has been reduced I shouldn't need to take any painkillers in the future.

The pain arises from crystals of acid migrating to the joints, in my case the big toe joint, I believe that flexing the joint during running will help to dissipate the crystals which is borne out by the fact that, although painful at the start, does ease with the distance. That's my theory anyway Mags....

Running has provided me with many benefits over the years Mags, Discipline, confidence, fitness, good friends, a voracious appetite (and never gain a pound) a love of nature, and has probably helped me to survive two heart attacks. At almost seventy I can run, cycle, swim and walk long distances, I consider myself very lucky, and I believe that my fitness is a result of a determined, pig headed and disciplined approach to running for most of my adult life.

It is a life that that I won't give up easily because it's taken a lot of hard work to get to this stage of it, and I'll go down kicking and screaming if necessary.... Sorry for rabbiting on Mags, but some things only a runner can understand....Runners never die, they just wear out their sole....

Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2020, 04:31 PM

Thanks for the explanation of the tablets Bob and I truly hope they will control any further bouts of gout.

Good luck with your fitness and running, you would beat some of today's youngsters hands...... oops, feet done!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2020, 08:46 PM

Originally Posted by mags ->
thanks for the explanation of the tablets bob and i truly hope they will control any further bouts of gout.

Good luck with your fitness and running, you would beat some of today's youngsters hands...... Oops, feet down!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

01-04-2020, 11:03 AM

Wednesday is Foxy's shopping day, so we set off early to avoid the queues but I didn't expect this.....

Managed to get everything on the list, even toilet rolls....

Shortage?......What shortage?
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2020, 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Wednesday is Foxy's shopping day, so we set off early to avoid the queues but I didn't expect this.....

Managed to get everything on the list, even toilet rolls....

Shortage?......What shortage?

… of customers by the look of it!

There's me just wondering what is the best time to go shopping to avoid the queues!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

01-04-2020, 09:21 PM

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
[/B]
… of customers by the look of it!

There's me just wondering what is the best time to go shopping to avoid the queues!
We went to Tesco about 8:00 am Baz, early mornings seems about the best time, although queues were beginning to assemble in the car park when we came out....I don't know if it's the same where you live, but Sainsburys don't seem to be attracting the queues like Tesco do, and I was able to obtain a very large box of Yorkshire Tea from Sainsburys last week when Tesco had no tea on the shelf by any supplier...... I thought it was the end of the world....
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

01-04-2020, 09:25 PM

Here's Mr Magpie observing the world from his perch at the top of a 30 foot conifer and demonstrating his social distancing....

Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2020, 10:02 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
We went to Tesco about 8:00 am Baz, early mornings seems about the best time, although queues were beginning to assemble in the car park when we came out....I don't know if it's the same where you live, but Sainsburys don't seem to be attracting the queues like Tesco do, and I was able to obtain a very large box of Yorkshire Tea from Sainsburys last week when Tesco had no tea on the shelf by any supplier...... I thought it was the end of the world....
Last time I shopped it was at 08.00am, all was very orderly with a few people queuing and just a few let in at a time. Not much by way of shortages but there had been, apparently. I just did my usual shop which has lasted me. Now though it's time to stock up again. I usually have two or three weeks' worth of food in stock just in case I am unwell or cannot drive for any reason.

I will just play it by ear, if the queues are too long I will return home and try again another day. I am not going to starve anyway, that's how I look at it.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2020, 04:42 AM

I went to Morrison's in Skipton Foxy....it.was empty just me and five others that I saw in the whole of the store......very weird. More staff than customers.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

02-04-2020, 11:46 AM

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
Last time I shopped it was at 08.00am, all was very orderly with a few people queuing and just a few let in at a time. Not much by way of shortages but there had been, apparently. I just did my usual shop which has lasted me. Now though it's time to stock up again. I usually have two or three weeks' worth of food in stock just in case I am unwell or cannot drive for any reason.

I will just play it by ear, if the queues are too long I will return home and try again another day. I am not going to starve anyway, that's how I look at it.
Stay safe Baz, and keep your distance....

Page 168 of 190 « First < 68 118 158 166 167 168 169 170 178 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top