Join for free
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2020, 09:53 AM

Coronavirus: Volunteer shopping cards

https://www.which.co.uk/news/2020/04...M_MW_EM_200420

Alongside the social distancing measures supermarkets have implemented, many have introduced ‘volunteer shopping cards’ designed specifically to help at-risk customers pay friends and neighbours who shop for them.

Asda, Marks and Spencer and Waitrose have introduced specific volunteer shopping cards. Sainsbury’s is planning to introduce one soon, and Morrisons recommends buying its usual vouchers.

How do volunteer shopping cards work?

These ‘cards’ are actually virtual vouchers which work in the same way as other e-gift cards. You buy them online and send the details to your volunteer’s email address for them to use in store.

Your volunteer won’t need to spend the full balance of the card each time they shop; the remaining amount will stay on the card meaning you could load it with enough money for multiple trips if you wanted.

With Asda’s volunteer card, you can also top it up over the internet so you don’t have to buy a new one each time. With others, you’ll have to purchase a new e-voucher each time the balance gets used up.

If your volunteer would prefer to have a physical gift card, perhaps because they don’t have access to the internet, you can order a regular gift card to be posted to them from Morrisons.
More detail in the article.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2020, 10:13 AM

Re: Coronavirus: Volunteer shopping cards

Be very careful though - the police here have been warning us there are 'bogus' cards/vouchers being issued.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2020, 10:25 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Be very careful though - the police here have been warning us there are 'bogus' cards/vouchers being issued.
Good point .....
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2020, 10:05 PM

I'm a volunteer for people who are shielding and they put enough cash to cover the cost in an envelope with their shopping list. When I deliver the shopping they get the envelope back with the change and receipt.

I assume they have close friends to who get some cash for them - it's not something I want responsibility for.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top