Join for free
Page 3 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2020, 02:50 PM

Re: Is it a conspiracy?

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I don't know about a conspiracy to thin us oldies out, but I have said all along that I don't believe it is anything to do with the bats in the meat markets.
I agree Mups .
The Chinese have been scoffing bats and anything else with legs for donkeys years with no ill effects .
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2020, 03:07 PM

It could be a way of temporarily shushing greta, remoaners, snowflakes and the bbc to allow brexit negotiations to continue sans intervention.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2020, 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
I agree Mups .
The Chinese have been scoffing bats and anything else with legs for donkeys years with no ill effects .
Lets face it, the Chinese eat any old crap including drinking blood from live snakes to enhance virility (as if they need it).
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2020, 05:50 PM

I had a bout of flu over Xmas.

When I think back, it had the symptoms:-

i.e. Cough, temperature, exhaustion.

If that had happened now, it would have ticked the boxes for this new virus.

I'm wondering if the Corona virus was actually around way before it hit the headlines.

Not a conspiracy theory, just a thought!

Anyone else have flu within recent months?

OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2020, 06:01 PM

Originally Posted by d00d ->
It could be a way of temporarily shushing greta, remoaners, snowflakes and the bbc to allow brexit negotiations to continue sans intervention.
You might be right there d00d, while the media are obsessing over the virus, what else is happening that we ought to know about? Red Herring springs to mind....
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2020, 06:02 PM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->

I'm wondering if the Corona virus was actually around way before it hit the headlines.

I wondered that also Ted, it seems to have sprung up far and wide so quickly. What if it has been around for longer than we have been told?
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2020, 06:16 PM

December last year influenza was still increasing in numbers, so it seems logical you actually had the flu.
https://www.gov.uk/government/public...r-2019-week-50

If you get the flu now, you will probably assume you have corona. Who is to tell?
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2020, 07:09 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
I wondered that also Ted, it seems to have sprung up far and wide so quickly. What if it has been around for longer than we have been told?
Quickly ? Well, yes. For decades we have been told to expect a virus, like the flu etc, to spread super quickly due to the ability of people to fly from continent to continent in a matter of hours.

When one single person who gets infected anywhere in the world, and he/she does not know that he/she is infected, and then flies to another country, it is simple to understand how it spreads so quickly. Each of those infected people infects others, on the plane, at the airports, in taxis, on city tubes etc.

So, the culprit is the modern day speed of travel. Of course, over population, and crowded cities are also factors.

I'm not a big believer in conspiracy theories. There are nut cases who still insist that man never landed on the moon.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2020, 08:21 PM

I had the flu jab before Christmas and didn't get it. I remember Mrs LD getting it bad one year. As you say, if that was now, I would be seriously worried. She also had all the symptoms.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2020, 08:21 PM

Flu takes a lot longer to travel around the globe. Probably because there is some level of immunity from those who have had it before or been vaccinated before. This one is a problem because we have absolutely no immunity at all. This is an interesting article that kind of explains what I am getting at. Not everyone is as susceptible to every strain of flu so it seems they have time to develop vaccines. This one is an unknown and it's not the influenza virus. It also (according to experts) mutates very slowly so in theory has a different pattern of behaviour to flu :

https://www.fredhutch.org/en/news/ce...-mutation.html

Had it been around longer then we'd have seen the same dramatic effects whenever if first appeared because of lack of immunity. It's not a slow burn.

Page 3 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top