Join for free
Page 11 of 11 « First < 9 10 11
big ben
United Kingdom
big ben is male  big ben has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2020, 08:59 PM

Re: Stay Safe Dear Friends

It,s situations like this that you find out who your friends really are.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2020, 10:00 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Early last evening I had a lovely lady in her 30's ring our doorbell. When I opened the door she was stood by the gate. I didn't know her but she said she lived near the end of our road. She asked if I needed any help as she and her husband were Social workers, both with degrees, and they were both offering help to any older person.

I explained our daughter and son were in contact every day and helping with our shopping etc so she leant forward so that she didn't get too close to me and gave me a piece of paper with her and her husbands separate mobile numbers and said we could ring them any time if we needed help.

Wasn't that kind There are still some lovely people around, I felt quite tearful after that when I sat down.
What a heartwarming post. I get why that made you feel emotional. I got emotional watching a video on facebook of a man on his veranda in Spain I think it was and he was playing his keyboard for all his neighbours to hear. Trying to keep up morale, it was lovely.

Stay well Mags xx
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2020, 12:06 AM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Early last evening I had a lovely lady in her 30's ring our doorbell. When I opened the door she was stood by the gate. I didn't know her but she said she lived near the end of our road. She asked if I needed any help as she and her husband were Social workers, both with degrees, and they were both offering help to any older person.

I explained our daughter and son were in contact every day and helping with our shopping etc so she leant forward so that she didn't get too close to me and gave me a piece of paper with her and her husbands separate mobile numbers and said we could ring them any time if we needed help.

Wasn't that kind There are still some lovely people around, I felt quite tearful after that when I sat down.

Yes, I can understand that Mags.
It's just knowing somebody cares isn't it.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2020, 12:09 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Yes, I can understand that Mags.
It's just knowing somebody cares isn't it.
It certainly is, Mups...
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2020, 10:59 PM

Just please take care who you let into your house. Unless it is somebody that you know, a neighbour for instance. There's a lot of con artists out there just looking to take your money or belongings. Sitting at home alone can be dangerous. Think about who it is before you welcome them.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2020, 11:04 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Aerolor be careful for the sake of your daughter. So she can sleep at night. I wear disposable gloves to go shopping. It's great that you have a good supply. Fabulous that your daughter is doing such a valued job right now. I hope she is being given all the support she needs to feel safe herself. There was a GP on the radio today saying they are still awaiting safety equipment.
Thanks for your concern Annie. My daughter is working all the hours she possibly can at the moment and they are so busy. She is also a tutor, but the tutoring hours have been cancelled and she is spending her hours all over the place. Our A&E has been divided up into separate sections and they are interviewing people at the door to try and screen the patients. As for equipment - they do not have adequate masks. The staff were intended to be measured for special ones, but they have not materialised and my daughter is one of those 30% who do not fit into standard ones properly. Everyone is doing the best they can, although I can see they will get progressively more tired as time goes
on.

Page 11 of 11 « First < 9 10 11

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top