Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Glanny
N.Ireland
Glanny is female  Glanny has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2020, 11:23 AM

Re: Good morning Thursday !

Good morning from a lovely sunny spring day out here in the sticks in NI.
Our bin men have been, yayy!

Today I am going to potter in my girl shed cum greenhouse and see what veg seeds I have. We grassed over most of my vegetable plot a few years ago (I am the gardener here, Mr Glanny is the wrecker! I mean maintainance man...) as I just couldn't cope any more, I don't seem to bend in the right places these days (see jokes thread with comparison to a car! ) Mr G is currently digging out blackcurrent bushes in the remains of the fruit cage.
Ohoh...he's just appeared looking for matches he's going to light a bonfire... I had best go supervise!

Have a good day everyone and stay safe
marciniak
wales uk
marciniak is male  marciniak has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2020, 11:37 AM

Good morning all,

Lovely day again, blue skies and (((((SUN))))), and all day.

I wish we still had our allotment.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2020, 12:19 PM

Good morning Everyone. Another warm & sunny day here. I have put washing in the machine & am now going to have a coffee. Keep smiling people, this too will pass.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2020, 01:01 PM

Good Morning from Foxy's World.....

Nice and sunny first thing this morning but a keen frost, the fresh air knocked me back a bit as I turned out for my Thursday five mile run.
Soon got into a good pace and warmed up but the gloves and hat were welcome.....

Managed to get the back lawn scarified and trimmed yesterday ready for the green bin collection today, turns out, they have cancelled the green bin collections until further notice.... So everyone is stuck at home with just the garden to occupy their time and nowhere to put the rubbish, except congregate down at the recycle centre....

I know I shouldn't, but I'm beginning to enjoy this 'Confined to barracks' thing...I can get on with stuff and no distractions... Except Mrs Fox who thinks it's an excellent time to catch up with jobs around the house....
Bugger that, I've a backlog of books to read, and lot's of ideas to pursue in the workshop....

I don't know about anybody else but I'm amazed at the speed by which all this has happened.... It just goes to show what a tenuous grip we had on reality, and I don't think the worst has hit us yet.... I wonder where all the money is coming from to bail out just about every business in the country while at the same time provide the NHS with everything it needs to save lives.

And if it's been borrowed, who from? And is it going to devalue the pound and make it worthless? I didn't think you could just 'invent' extra cash whenever you wanted too....It makes the austerity we have suffered over the last few years look like a big waste of time....
Financially, I can't see us ever getting back to normal in my lifetime. Even if the virus was defeated tomorrow, it's shadow is going to haunt us for years.

Anyway, that's what the government is for....Me? I've got the gutters to clean out today and get some sun on my body. Vitamin D is just what the doctor ordered to fight the virus....
Sorry for rabbiting.....
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2020, 02:42 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Good Morning from Foxy's World.....

Nice and sunny first thing this morning but a keen frost, the fresh air knocked me back a bit as I turned out for my Thursday five mile run.
Soon got into a good pace and warmed up but the gloves and hat were welcome.....

Managed to get the back lawn scarified and trimmed yesterday ready for the green bin collection today, turns out, they have cancelled the green bin collections until further notice.... So everyone is stuck at home with just the garden to occupy their time and nowhere to put the rubbish, except congregate down at the recycle centre....

I know I shouldn't, but I'm beginning to enjoy this 'Confined to barracks' thing...I can get on with stuff and no distractions... Except Mrs Fox who thinks it's an excellent time to catch up with jobs around the house....
Bugger that, I've a backlog of books to read, and lot's of ideas to pursue in the workshop....

I don't know about anybody else but I'm amazed at the speed by which all this has happened.... It just goes to show what a tenuous grip we had on reality, and I don't think the worst has hit us yet.... I wonder where all the money is coming from to bail out just about every business in the country while at the same time provide the NHS with everything it needs to save lives.

And if it's been borrowed, who from? And is it going to devalue the pound and make it worthless? I didn't think you could just 'invent' extra cash whenever you wanted too....It makes the austerity we have suffered over the last few years look like a big waste of time....
Financially, I can't see us ever getting back to normal in my lifetime. Even if the virus was defeated tomorrow, it's shadow is going to haunt us for years.

Anyway, that's what the government is for....Me? I've got the gutters to clean out today and get some sun on my body. Vitamin D is just what the doctor ordered to fight the virus....
Sorry for rabbiting.....
You are a cheery soul Bob, you always bring a smile to my face ..... carry on smiling!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2020, 03:06 PM

Af'noon all.

After a cold and frosty start, I have got on well today.

A friend phoned to see if I wanted any shopping. I was quite touched as she is the first to offer any help.

Then another friend text to check I was alright.
She works at the local gym and it's had to close at the mo.

Then a third friend phoned to say she had got me something at the shops I had not been able to find.

I have also managed to locate some special batteries online that I needed, so that pleased me too.

My grass is cut, edges all trimmed and it looks nice again.
The sun is shining in the most beautiful cloudless blue sky.

Three lovely people have showed they care today, what more could a gal want - just when I was feeling a bit unloved too.

I'm a happy bunny again now.

Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2020, 04:17 PM

Val's SiL called this morning and I answered the phone. "How are you both?" she asked. "Dying ...," said I. "Oh!" "... of boredom." She'd disturbed me eating my weetybangs and banana so I decided to prank her.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2020, 05:18 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
Val's SiL called this morning and I answered the phone. "How are you both?" she asked. "Dying ...," said I. "Oh!" "... of boredom." She'd disturbed me eating my weetybangs and banana so I decided to prank her.
You are nasty.
Glanny
N.Ireland
Glanny is female  Glanny has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2020, 08:34 PM

(He's a pussycat really )

Had a rummage in my seed box this morning and managed to sow some broad beans, runner beans, leeks, spinach, and some sweet pea and cosmos. Just in pots and trays to transplant later, our growing season is around 3-4 weeks behind the souf of England. Will also sow some lettuce direct, and plant some spuds which have sprouted.
The seeds were from the last few years but they should be fine. I even found packets of radish and spinach seeds at the bottom of the box from 1989!! Needless to say they went in their respective bins!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2020, 09:03 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
You are a cheery soul Bob, you always bring a smile to my face ..... carry on smiling!
Cheers Mags, I don't know what I'd do without the forum..... I look forward to hearing about what other members are doing each day....

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top