Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2020, 10:05 AM

Re: Homeless.

Originally Posted by EZ Rider ->
Many of these younger homeless are not homeless at all. They choose not to go home for a variety of reasons.
How do you know that? Really. Do you interview each and every one?? I get so tired of seeing these hackneyed throw away "shock jock" statements. Like..The unemployed are all bludgers and young single women with kids are just looking for single mothers pension. Some of them maybe but nowhere near enough to make these careless generalities true. . I don't live in the UK. But I live in a city 3/5 the size of London. We have lots of homeless here also. They are of all ages. Teens to seniors in their 70s - 80s. I volunteer in a homeless shelter. THere are thousands of young people who are actually working but still can't find a place to live. Families, ex professional people who just can't afford the sky high rents in this city. I knew a whole bunch of kids in their late teens that were still attending school and had to bounce around from one place to another and sometimes sleep rough..and still go to school!..others to work...I lived in London for 6 months years ago. I don;t know much about there now. But I know Sydney. It couldn't be that much different.
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2020, 11:51 PM

The Government should issue funds to the local Councils to build Hostels for homeless people especially the ones living on the Streets in this freezing weather
They own thousands of empty properties which could be converted at low cost.
This could be maned by a Manager and volunteers and the healthiest inmates.
Also the same for immigrants who would love to live together, freeing up housing for people who have been on the Housing list for up to fifteen years.They could them get work and save up for a deposit on a house or rent in an area to suit them

In Switzerland they are immediately taken to a place of safety by the Police

The UK has never addressed the Homeless issue properly and never had enough Housing Stock
There is money available, but they would rather send Billions in aid to other Countries were a great deal does not go to needy people, but is misused by Dictators and Management.
They are aware of this anomaly but choose to ignore it as they want recognition for being Father Christmas or a Benefactor at our expense.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2020, 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by Azure ->
The Government should issue funds to the local Councils to build Hostels for homeless people especially the ones living on the Streets in this freezing weather
They own thousands of empty properties which could be converted at low cost.
This could be maned by a Manager and volunteers and the healthiest inmates.
Also the same for immigrants who would love to live together, freeing up housing for people who have been on the Housing list for up to fifteen years.They could them get work and save up for a deposit on a house or rent in an area to suit them

In Switzerland they are immediately taken to a place of safety by the Police

The UK has never addressed the Homeless issue properly and never had enough Housing Stock
There is money available, but they would rather send Billions in aid to other Countries were a great deal does not go to needy people, but is misused by Dictators and Management.
They are aware of this anomaly but choose to ignore it as they want recognition for being Father Christmas or a Benefactor at our expense.
Hang on, "The Government" HAS no money. The ONLY money available are tax receipts and loans that will have to be serviced by tax payers.

There are not "billions" availability to provide overseas aid (which offends me to the core) but this money is also coming out of HMG annual budget which is from taxes.

The really annoying thing to me is that silly boy Cameron increased the percentage of the bloody UK GDP! A worse metric would be impossible to base it on!

As for housing, why should government be it central of local provide housing from taxes? Let the private sector do that. Governments should govern, not be landlords and as for immigrants, best I keep my opinions about them and immigration to myself. Let's just say I'm agin it.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2020, 03:56 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Hang on, "The Government" HAS no money. The ONLY money available are tax receipts and loans that will have to be serviced by tax payers.

There are not "billions" availability to provide overseas aid (which offends me to the core) but this money is also coming out of HMG annual budget which is from taxes.

The really annoying thing to me is that silly boy Cameron increased the percentage of the bloody UK GDP! A worse metric would be impossible to base it on!
Agreed, absolutely, 100%.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top