Join for free
Page 4 of 7 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2020, 01:17 PM

Re: Branson Bailout

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Probably not. Most likely a grant on the basis that it would be supporting a strategic national resource or just maybe buying a %age of the business.
I can see a lot of part nationalisation of big companies coming, what do you think ?
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2020, 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
I can see a lot of part nationalisation of big companies coming, what do you think ?
I can see a lot of "take the money, launder it (ask me how!) Liquidate the company" and some very happy people but none of them being tax payers.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2020, 02:14 PM

Probably not. Most likely a grant on the basis that it would be supporting a strategic national resource or just maybe buying a %age of the business.
How can a strategic national interest be privately owned Todge?
You do talk shyte sometimes??

Donkeyman! 😇😇😇
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2020, 02:23 PM

I can see a lot of "take the money, launder it (ask me how!) Liquidate the company" and some very happy people but none of them being tax payers.
I can agree with you there Todgy, the tax payer is the payer of
last resort, they are the source of all wealth!!

Donkeyman! 🙃🙃🙃
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom

30-03-2020, 02:45 PM

We should only buy Branson out at rock bottom prices!
There are basically no assets to buy as the aircraft are only on
lease, so Branni is in big shyte if he cant fly very soon?
Well as they say, you win some, you lose some?

Donkeyman! 😵😵😵
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2020, 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
How can a strategic national interest be privately owned Todge?
You do talk shyte sometimes??

Donkeyman! 😇😇😇
Well if a service has become vital because it has become engrained into society such as the case with Flybe then keeping it running is strategic for the national interest. In the case of Virgin it served air routes that were in the national interest to maintain.

What matters is not who owns the service, it's the service being provided.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom

20-04-2020, 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by marciniak ->
Help if offered to the self employed, but I am informed it will be a loan that has to be repaid

So will the Virgin plan, for a government bail out also be repayable with interest.
If he wants a loan he can go to a bank marciniak, why come to a
government that he has refused to pay income tax to lend him
tax payers money??
Doesnt make sense does it, plus there is no co-- lateral if he
defaults,( which is likely)!!
His aircraft are leased as is any tangible asset he has and the
private island he has offered as co--lateral is not much more than
a sandbank in a deprived region??
It seems as if virgin has lost its viginity at last?
Give him nowt he cant be trusted!

Donkeyman! 👎👎👎
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2020, 04:45 PM

Couldn't care less about Branson, not that Beckham women either. She's just put staff on furlough but is proud to own a handbag collection worth over a million quid. It must be tough for him out on his little tax-exile island.
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2020, 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by Tachyon ->
Couldn't care less about Branson, not that Beckham women either. She's just put staff on furlough but is proud to own a handbag collection worth over a million quid. It must be tough for him out on his little tax-exile island.
Just seen on some news programme that Branson has offered his 'island' up as security for the money he wants to save his company from going under.

Link below giving more information on the above, for those who may be interested to read about it:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-52354865
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK

20-04-2020, 06:01 PM

Originally Posted by Tachyon ->
Amongst the things that I learned very early on is that there are many forms of money. Money that you salt away, money that you use in business, money that you use to make more money, money to play with and so on.

It is most important to never use one sort of money to fund another purpose if there is an alternative source unless there is a rock solid guarantee that the outcome will be a profit. Why should Branson use his money to support Virgin or the Beckham woman use her money when there is an alternative. Makes no sense.

Page 4 of 7 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top