Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2020, 04:02 PM

Starting a how to thread

I will make a start for other to add to.

How to get rid of flies/bluebottles /gnats ets. Infact it works for all insects.

First of all you have to have the right tools for the job,to small and you might miss and wrong shape won't really help.

So here is the walk through

1= Have to tool to use close by, this is necessary. make sure it has a flat surface

2= First find the insect(I will call it a fly) and see its favourite resting place, Handy to know for future reference.

3= Creep up beind it and at first move very slowly until within reach

4 = Make a sudden forward motion with the hand and grab the fly

5= Transport the fly to the killing area

6= Carefully place the fly underneath the tool you are going to use

7= the tricky part, with one hand grab and bring down the tool with one hand whilst letting go of the fly with the other

8 = tool recommendation. This always works for me

Hope this tip is useful. do you have any likewise ideas to share?
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2020, 04:11 PM

Re: Starting a how to thread

Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2020, 04:43 PM

Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2020, 05:15 PM

Interesting fact about catching a fly

We’ve all been there, a fly lands near you, you go tu swipe the little blighter, your hand gets nowhere near it before the pesky thing flies off..that’s because a fly can work out , the angle of the threat, what direction it needs to take to escape and at how quickly it needs to do it
But, the next time a fly lands near you try this....place your hands either side of the fly and bring them together slowly and equally together towards the fly, you will squash him, that is because it cannot work out how it needs to get away as both hands confuse it,, go on, try it

Btw, I’m not bored really I’m not...
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2020, 05:19 PM

Originally Posted by Primus1 ->
Interesting fact about catching a fly

We’ve all been there, a fly lands near you, you go tu swipe the little blighter, your hand gets nowhere near it before the pesky thing flies off..that’s because a fly can work out , the angle of the threat, what direction it needs to take to escape and at how quickly it needs to do it
But, the next time a fly lands near you try this....place your hands either side of the fly and bring them together slowly and equally together towards the fly, you will squash him, that is because it cannot work out how it needs to get away as both hands confuse it,, go on, try it

Btw, I’m not bored really I’m not...
messy squashed fly poop on your hands
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2020, 05:32 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
messy squashed fly poop on your hands
Southern Jessie.....
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2020, 05:36 PM

I'll give that one a try realspeed.

I have a 'how to brush your teeth' tip that might go here:

1. Brush all round the fronts horizontally and then vertically.

2. Repeat both operations for the backs.

3. Brush thoroughly along the tops

4. When done, pop the teeth back into your mouth.
caricature
Devon,England.
caricature is male  caricature has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2020, 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
I will make a start for other to add to.

How to get rid of flies/bluebottles /gnats ets. Infact it works for all insects.

First of all you have to have the right tools for the job,to small and you might miss and wrong shape won't really help.

So here is the walk through

1= Have to tool to use close by, this is necessary. make sure it has a flat surface

2= First find the insect(I will call it a fly) and see its favourite resting place, Handy to know for future reference.

3= Creep up beind it and at first move very slowly until within reach

4 = Make a sudden forward motion with the hand and grab the fly

5= Transport the fly to the killing area

6= Carefully place the fly underneath the tool you are going to use

7= the tricky part, with one hand grab and bring down the tool with one hand whilst letting go of the fly with the other

8 = tool recommendation. This always works for me

Hope this tip is useful. do you have any likewise ideas to share?

Is the image not 50% of a castration device.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2020, 07:16 PM

I just use a fly swatter, if the fly isn't quite dead I insert it into the nearest spiders web, that way it isn't a wasted fly.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

29-03-2020, 08:03 PM

Originally Posted by caricature ->

Is the image not 50% of a castration device.
shown on brick wall , but 2 bricks will do

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top