Join for free
Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2019, 01:22 PM

Re: Disgusting.....

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Apologies, I have just come across this thread.

I agree that this is a serious problem and is the root cause of the very strict - sometimes over-strict - interrogations that some applicants receive.

I'm not sure exactly what qualifications these 'interviewers' possess; I'm not sure whether they are all doctors, but they should be much more thorough and, if necessary, send those they are doubtful about for medical tests.

Had this unfortunate chap been properly medically checked, he could well have been found to be deserving of state assistance.

On the other hand the despicable 'expert claimants' should, when tumbled, be subject to very severe penalties. None of this suspended sentence nonsense, hard labour would teach them what they should have been doing rather than leeching off the state.
Keep in mind that when he was assessed he was nowhere nearly so disabled as he was in the photograph.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2019, 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Keep in mind that when he was assessed he was nowhere nearly so disabled as he was in the photograph.
I agree, but perhaps he should have been reviewed when he became more ill.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2019, 01:34 PM

I agree, but perhaps he should have been reviewed when he became more ill.
In the article it says that he was.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2019, 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
In the article it says that he was.
So why was his application for help not accepted?
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK

29-04-2019, 01:42 PM

So why was his application for help not accepted?
T'is said that the mills of God grind slow but they grind exceeding fine.

Sad to say the mills of many government agencies grind even slower.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2019, 01:43 PM

Apologies, I have just come across this thread.

I agree that this is a serious problem and is the root cause of the very strict - sometimes over-strict - interrogations that some applicants receive.

I'm not sure exactly what qualifications these 'interviewers' possess; I'm not sure whether they are all doctors, but they should be much more thorough and, if necessary, send those they are doubtful about for medical tests.

Had this unfortunate chap been properly medically checked, he could well have been found to be deserving of state assistance.

On the other hand the despicable 'expert claimants' should, when tumbled, be subject to very severe penalties. None of this suspended sentence nonsense, hard labour would teach them what they should have been doing rather than leeching off the state.
IMO though, aren't the problems caused by the people who are trying to stop them happening?
Every time a government come up with a way of saving money they fail, and I am talking about Labour and Tory ideas! If people can rip off the benefits system, then more & more will try it... and it will get worse.

I agree that they should be severely punished, but putting them in prison just costs more money....so we need to find another method of punishment. Until we can ,criminals will continue to increase so we should stop trying to be fair with all & make those who break the rules suffer.

People who work are expected to cover costs of people who can't. I don't think any decent person would object to that, but for those who try to steal the money we pay in tax & NI, I think a few days in the stocks may cure them of their thieving ways
It would also give us something useful to do with very out of date foods....especially if they are made to clean up when they are out of the stocks!
Sometimes the old ways are the best!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

29-04-2019, 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
IMO though, aren't the problems caused by the people who are trying to stop them happening?
Every time a government come up with a way of saving money they fail, and I am talking about Labour and Tory ideas! If people can rip off the benefits system, then more & more will try it... and it will get worse.

I agree that they should be severely punished, but putting them in prison just costs more money....so we need to find another method of punishment. Until we can ,criminals will continue to increase so we should stop trying to be fair with all & make those who break the rules suffer.

People who work are expected to cover costs of people who can't. I don't think any decent person would object to that, but for those who try to steal the money we pay in tax & NI, I think a few days in the stocks may cure them of their thieving ways
It would also give us something useful to do with very out of date foods....especially if they are made to clean up when they are out of the stocks!
Sometimes the old ways are the best!
They certainly do and, what's worse, they rejoice in spending money unnecessarily... like the new HS2 for example.

With hard labour, imprisonment could pay for itself especially if the labour is hard enough.

Yes, I think stocks are a good idea too. It's funny how, when you watch those TV police programmes, so many criminals absolutely hate being filmed!

Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top