Join for free
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2019, 11:48 AM

Your favourite outfits of all time.

I was looking at a leaflet that came with the weekend paper, I spotted a jumpsuit that I liked. I have always loved them in the past, the only trouble is going to the loo, you have to take the whole top part down.
I am tempted to buy it though.

What were your favourite outfits in the past?
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2019, 02:02 PM

Re: Your favourite outfits of all time.

My favourite outfits of all time were half a dozen "the only one" creations that I was "handed down" by a great friend at the Ad Agency I was working for in London when I was young, free and usually broke! (and sigh! a size 8/10). Her father was a Fashion Designer, best friend of Videl Sasoon,(Hows that for name-dropping) and once the shows were finished, daughter had her pick of the pieces. Once she tired of wearing them, guess who was next on the list?? yep, yours truly, and my Lord, they were absolutely exquisite! I eventually passed them onto my teenage niece, who wore them to death.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2019, 02:07 PM

A dress my Gran bought for me to wear to a 'Posh' do I went to. You can't really see it in this pic, the only one I have of me wearing it, but it was different shades of green, from light at the top to darker near the hem. The squiggles were a much darker green than the rest of the dress. BTW I'm the one next to my Mum & Bro is on the left of me.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	2009-09-11-1340-24.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	35.6 KB
ID:	9209  
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2019, 02:19 PM

That's a lovely family photo Tiffany. Makes me smile when I look back at old black and white photos. Such memories. Much nicer to have something to keep and look back on than taking a photo on one's phone and never keeping them.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2019, 02:43 PM

It was a LBD that I bought in 1968, it was one of those that could be posh or casual, depending on what you wore with it. It was a soft black velvet, an almost polo neck, sleeves with cuffs to the elbow and wee buttons on them. it was oh so mini too. If I wore my hair up and black high heels it was good for a posh do, but if I was just at the dancing my hair was down, low heels and the cuffs open and rolled up. How I loved that wee dress, I had it for a few years then got pregnant with my first and it didn't fit any more, it was a size 10. Also fashion had moved on and I can't remember what happened to it..
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2019, 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
My favourite outfits of all time were half a dozen "the only one" creations that I was "handed down" by a great friend at the Ad Agency I was working for in London when I was young, free and usually broke! (and sigh! a size 8/10). Her father was a Fashion Designer, best friend of Videl Sasoon,(Hows that for name-dropping) and once the shows were finished, daughter had her pick of the pieces. Once she tired of wearing them, guess who was next on the list?? yep, yours truly, and my Lord, they were absolutely exquisite! I eventually passed them onto my teenage niece, who wore them to death.
Wow, love that post. How lucky were you?

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
A dress my Gran bought for me to wear to a 'Posh' do I went to. You can't really see it in this pic, the only one I have of me wearing it, but it was different shades of green, from light at the top to darker near the hem. The squiggles were a much darker green than the rest of the dress. BTW I'm the one next to my Mum & Bro is on the left of me.
I think we all have fond memories of clothes from the past Tiff. I guess at the time we all felt special - The bee's knees.

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
It was a LBD that I bought in 1968, it was one of those that could be posh or casual, depending on what you wore with it. It was a soft black velvet, an almost polo neck, sleeves with cuffs to the elbow and wee buttons on them. it was oh so mini too. If I wore my hair up and black high heels it was good for a posh do, but if I was just at the dancing my hair was down, low heels and the cuffs open and rolled up. How I loved that wee dress, I had it for a few years then got pregnant with my first and it didn't fit any more, it was a size 10. Also fashion had moved on and I can't remember what happened to it..
I bet you looked a beauty Roxy. I liked velvet, but what a drama to iron.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

10-04-2019, 02:50 PM

One of my favourite dresses was one I made from a Vogue pattern, it was yellow satin and lace. I loved that dress.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2019, 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->

I bet you looked a beauty Roxy. I liked velvet, but what a drama to iron.
Naw…..Inside out and it was no problem..
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

10-04-2019, 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
Naw…..Inside out and it was no problem..
Yes, I know, but I mess everything up.
Ruined my favourite blue velvet dress. I think the iron was too hot. It was years ago.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2019, 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
That's a lovely family photo Tiffany. Makes me smile when I look back at old black and white photos. Such memories. Much nicer to have something to keep and look back on than taking a photo on one's phone and never keeping them.
Thank you, Shropshiregirl.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top