Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2019, 06:39 AM

Easter Holidays.

Which are coming up!.

Do you have any nice plans?

Or is it just another day for you?
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2019, 06:46 AM

Re: Easter Holidays.

Morning Pauline
For me it's a break of 10 days as I've added the following week too.
My stepdaughters and grandkids usually come round to our house on Good Friday and we all have fish and chips.
The rest of the holiday will be spent on day trips out but I also want to spring clean the house and garden. It will be just nice to get back into a normal daily routine for a change too.

What about yourself?
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2019, 06:57 AM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Morning Pauline
For me it's a break of 10 days as I've added the following week too.
My stepdaughters and grandkids usually come round to our house on Good Friday and we all have fish and chips.
The rest of the holiday will be spent on day trips out but I also want to spring clean the house and garden. It will be just nice to get back into a normal daily routine for a change too.

What about yourself?

Hi Floydy,I am so pleased you have time off,you are such a hard working man!.

As you know,I worked nights for years,when my children were small.

Enjoy those days and nights you have off and with the family.

Not sure yet what my plans are,..
I have already started spring cleaning ,cleared out my bedroom,what a job that was,..the stuff we accumulate over the years is unbelievable,this time I am not bringing any more tat back into my house,....

Happy Holidays,Floydy!.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2019, 07:19 AM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
I have already started spring cleaning ,cleared out my bedroom,what a job that was,..the stuff we accumulate over the years is unbelievable,this time I am not bringing any more tat back into my house,....
I wish I had a £1 for every time I have said that, Pauline!
My Craft Room is the worst offender - I keep saying 'no more craft stuff' - I won't live long enough to use all that is in there already - but then someone brings out a new technique/cutting die etc., - and I love trying new things!
zuludog
N E Lancashire
zuludog is male  zuludog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2019, 08:01 AM

As I mentioned in the Travel & Holidays section recently, I will be going to a Re - enactment show at Greenfield, Flintshire

These are the people who dress up to be Roman soldiers, Cavaliers & Roundheads, and so on
They often have the relevant craft workshops - leatherwork, blacksmith, cookery etc

I don't want to do that myself, but I think it will be interesting enough
Most of these sort of events are in the South or East Anglia; this is the only one i could find that was vaguely in the North
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

15-04-2019, 08:29 AM

Originally Posted by zuludog ->
As I mentioned in the Travel & Holidays section recently, I will be going to a Re - enactment show at Greenfield, Flintshire

These are the people who dress up to be Roman soldiers, Cavaliers & Roundheads, and so on
They often have the relevant craft workshops - leatherwork, blacksmith, cookery etc:

I don't want to do that myself, but I think it will be interesting enough
Most of these sort of events are in the South or East Anglia; this is the only one i could find that was vaguely in the North

Enjoy,zuludog,

Sounds interesting.
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2019, 08:48 AM

I have this week off as I added 4 days holiday, back to work Monday though ( yes I’m working bank holiday Monday).. we’re laying a patio and we’ve just ordered a mini skip, so I’ll be digging out when that arrives , didn’t realise how expensive skip hire has become , just over £100, for a mini skip
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2019, 09:09 AM

I am so excited for Easter as it means a whole 11 days for me to do whatever I like. I.m on jury service last week and this then on Thursday I m hopefully finishing it and I don't go back to my work until the 29th.

I work 2 jobs one of them very tiring and physical so i.m really looking forward to getting up when I please and doing just what I like. Break is needed most definitely, i.m very tired these days.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2019, 09:37 AM

Enjoy your time off LQ and all you workers I just checked and the forecast says it will be in the 20s for the Easter weekend...hooray!!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2019, 10:25 AM

It's a bit of an anti climax for me Pauline, being retired means I can jog off anytime I like, and weekends and bank holidays are off limits....Too many people migrating onto the beaches and out into the country, so I'll wait till all the children are back at school and the adults are back to work.....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top