Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2019, 07:15 PM

Re: First ever photo of a Black Hole!

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
Good catch, Realist. I mistakenly referred to the M87 black hole as a photo (suggesting that it was taken in a visible wavelength), not an image. You are correct, it is most definitely and amalgam of radio signals collected by many radio telescopes. It's an image.
When you say "an image" what that really means is that at some point a HUMAN has taken radio wave data and used his/her own interpretation of that to translate it into a visual picture.

It is therefore just a piece of art is it not? Technically the structure of the image dutifully conveys the reality of the radio sources but in terms of artistry, colours etc those are surely made up by the artist.
Pyxell
South of England
Pyxell is female  Pyxell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2019, 07:37 PM

Jeez.

I give up.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2019, 11:27 AM

So I'm thinking 'This is marvellous!' was it NASA or perhaps the European Space Agency who allowed us a galactic out of this world peek at space?......No! it was NDTV........from New Delhi....Sorry, Who?

NDTV
Media company
Image result for ndtv
ndtv.com
DescriptionNew Delhi Television Limited is an Indian television media company founded in 1988 by Radhika Roy, a journalist. In a talk on the 25th anniversary of NDTV, her husband Prannoy Roy said that he joined NDTV a few weeks after Radhika had founded it. Wikipedia
CEO: Suparna Singh (4 Dec 2017–)
Headquarters: New Delhi, India
Number of employees: 1,491 (2016)
Founders: Prannoy Roy, Radhika Roy
Subsidiaries: NDTV Lifestyle Limited, NDTV Worldwide Limited,
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2019, 12:27 PM

Will not affect my life one jot.
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Midlands
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2019, 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
So I'm thinking 'This is marvellous!' was it NASA or perhaps the European Space Agency who allowed us a galactic out of this world peek at space?......No! it was NDTV........from New Delhi....Sorry, Who?

NDTV
Media company
Image result for ndtv
ndtv.com
DescriptionNew Delhi Television Limited is an Indian television media company founded in 1988 by Radhika Roy, a journalist. In a talk on the 25th anniversary of NDTV, her husband Prannoy Roy said that he joined NDTV a few weeks after Radhika had founded it. Wikipedia
CEO: Suparna Singh (4 Dec 2017–)
Headquarters: New Delhi, India
Number of employees: 1,491 (2016)
Founders: Prannoy Roy, Radhika Roy
Subsidiaries: NDTV Lifestyle Limited, NDTV Worldwide Limited,
They nicked it and have since apologised for taking ownership, they steal anything that isn’t nailed down
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top