Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2019, 04:24 AM

Re: My Back Garden Is Like Southend Airport.

Originally Posted by longfellow ->
Of course Annie it used to be the service airport and storage at night for Stanstead and a small millitary base I believe at one time.
Last figures were over 2 million users a year not bad for a one runway airport. If you have ever been to Murcia in Spain it is along those lines size wise.
Great for disabled and elderly hardly any walking to the planes.Train station just across the road on the opposite side to the airport.
Must be very convenient and quite relaxing taking the plane from the coast.
longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2019, 08:29 AM

Fun and games in the garden.

Now I feel like a bleeding nanny.
Was worried last night when I went to bed in case the neighbours cat came prowling.
No one told me I would be unable to do much in my own back garden without harming the fledglings.
I thought they left the nest and just flew away,little did I know they would be hopping about getting into everything.

There as to be a couple of them roaming about the back garden and the pesky little sods are forever getting in my way hiding behind planters and plant pots so I am scared to move anything in case I squash them.
The missus said last night that one had fallen behind a large plant pot with the Mimosa in it and could not get back up again. I moved it all out of the corner, only to find the little sod was sat watching on another plant pot about 6 foot away. grrrrrrr

Mum or dad are sitting on the fence with food in their mouths waiting to feed them still.
Me and the mutt went out walking and returned to find that one of the little blighters was in the conservatory and the mum or dad was flying about in there to.
I opened the windows and left them to it.
I saw the little one hop behind the storage box between the fence.
Just googled it and apparently this goes on for a couple of days until they fly off.
I suppose I will shed a tear then ..
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2019, 09:45 AM

Ah, what a lovely tale bigfella. You make a perfect Nanny.
I wish more people bothered too.
longfellow
Chatterbox
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2019, 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Ah, what a lovely tale bigfella. You make a perfect Nanny.
I wish more people bothered too.
Bad news either both or one as moved into my next door neighbours garden to the right and the garden on the other side as 2 cats.

So really hoping they keep their heads down till they are ready to fly off.

I can finally trim the crawler now and sort out my other neighbours facing under his gutter for him.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2019, 01:01 PM

Last week we were watching a blackbird feeding a cuckoo. The Cuckoo was almost twice the size.
Ray Cathode
Scotland, UK (but not EU)
Ray Cathode is male  Ray Cathode has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2019, 08:06 PM

Southend Airport in the news

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...om-GARDEN.html
longfellow
Chatterbox

23-04-2019, 09:57 PM

Originally Posted by Ray Cathode ->

Totally understandable Ray I certainly would not like to live where the airport is.
I live in Pitsea which is a 20 minute drive and yes the airport is right on top of the houses.
Like I said in a earlier post its always been there but was an over flow for storing planes and servicing them from Stanstead but now it is a commercial airport and 2 million people used it last year so you can imagine the traffic build up as well as the noise build up.
Those houses close by are nice property's but I reckon their value as gone down a bit because of the airport.

I don't fly no more but when family want to go on holiday I usually let them park on my front drive and I take them there and pick them up a couple of weeks later. Saves them paying parking and their cars are secure.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2019, 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by Ray Cathode ->

Terrible isn't it. How could this possibly be allowed in a 'civilised' country?

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top