Join for free
Page 166 of 190 « First < 66 116 156 164 165 166 167 168 176 > Last »
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2019, 10:25 PM

Re: Bob's Bits.

I respect Oldfield, he transcended the Stage Fright, and made magical music.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2019, 02:44 AM

Good luck with the move Bob...hope it all goes well.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2019, 09:41 AM

Five mile run done first thing, by eck! it certainly was a cold one this morning.
Just waiting for daughter to arrive and take me for the rent a van, she's never been on time...

Thanks Summer, you were up early, or was it bed late? I'm good for nothing if I don't go to bed before eleven....
It's a good job we've got the van all day because she'll probably want a bacon sandwich from Greggs before we start....

Yes Spitty, Mike Oldfield is one of the greatest, and has produced some excellent live performances, a bit like Jean Michelle Jarre....Music from my past but still as relevant today as it was at its conception....If only I had chance to listen to it more.... There never seems to be enough hours in the day to listen to music....
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2019, 03:14 AM

Hope the move is going okay Bob
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2019, 10:21 AM

Cheers Floydy, yes it was such a busy day on Thursday, didn't finish until seven that evening. It was so good getting behind the wheel of a big tranny van again, I sure have missed it...

Successfully moved most of daughters furniture into our house and garage waiting until she finds a new property. Just fridge freezer and washer to move next week.

The only hick-up was, trying to start my car Thursday night to take us all out for a meal, and the battery gave out, wouldn't even jump start, so the bloke from the garage came out and fitted a new one on Friday....Just waiting for the bill...

Still managed to get out running first thing on Thursday and Friday though, and even put in some respectable times.....
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

13-04-2019, 09:49 AM

A satisfactory weeks running and I've even started working on a small project in the lab. I found an electronics drawing for a half decent metal detector on the internet and those neurotransmitters kicked in....

Attended Mrs Foxes friends funeral yesterday at the crematorium, with no evidence of religion I think it must have been one of those 'Humanist' send offs, the tea and sandwiches were nice back at the pub though.

Although I'm not sure if I believe or not, I think I would like a vicar to reside over my passing, just to be on the safe side. I usually accompany Mrs Fox to church for weddings and christenings, and wouldn't miss midnight mass on Christmas Eve but I doubt I would attend if Mrs Fox didn't go.....

It seems 'Global Warming' has taken a backward step just lately with temperatures overnight well down on average. On my last three runs I've crunched my way over a thick frost and resorted to wearing gloves again. I understand Surfermom is also experiences arctic conditions in Kansas....(There's no place like home!)...

While watching 'Aussie railroads' on TV it was interesting to note how much coal is still being mined and shipped abroad from Australia, hundreds of times more than we burn here in the UK in our limited number of coal fired power stations. So somebody's burning it....Our contribution is just a drop in the ocean....Waste of time trying to save the planet if you ask me.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

13-04-2019, 09:13 PM

At the moment one of my favourite restaurants for Saturday lunch is Eastfield Garden Centre just on the outskirts of Bridlington. They usually have at least four hot meals available with generous portions of vegetables (I love plenty of Veg)...
So today I tested out the Cottage Pie......And it passed!.....The coconut and jam slice for dessert wasn't too shoddy either.......

So we couldn't be so close to the coast without going to see the sea, and a sunny North Landing on Flamborough Head was where we ended up....

While Mrs Fox sat in the car listening to the radio, I couldn't resist a quick jog down all those steps to the beach below...

It was sheltered from the Icey cold wind down on the beach and I was tempted to stay a little while longer, but Mrs Fox wasn't feeling too good lately so I made my way back up the steep climb.....

OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

27-11-2019, 10:47 PM

Booked a couple of nights in a Premier Inn at Newcastle upon Tyne for next week. It's nice to see the Christmas Decorations in a different city each year....It was going to be Bristol but the difference in price is huge......It's really expensive darn sarf....
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

28-11-2019, 01:15 PM

Rain and leaves obscure my drive, and rust affects my joints...
Will it ever stop raining....
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

10-01-2020, 10:45 PM

It's not been a good start to 2020 for me. While on the cruise in Blankenberge a machine confiscated my debit card while trying to buy train tickets to Bruges.
Then I had to stop running due to my toe swelling up with gout....
I was declined an application for a credit card.....
And yesterday I had to rush Mrs Fox into hospital with severe stomach pains and it looks like she is going to need an operation....
The sink is full of pots and I've no clean underwear......

Page 166 of 190 « First < 66 116 156 164 165 166 167 168 176 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top