Join for free
Page 218 of 276 « First < 118 168 208 216 217 218 219 220 228 268 > Last »
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2019, 04:59 PM

Re: I've had my chest x-ray

I lost my vaper in my house a day or two before I was brought in last week and never got around to replacing it. Then,once admitted couldn't buy a new one if I'd wanted to. So I am completely nicotine free now and don't miss it. It was a very low dose of nicotine I was on anyway.

The strangest thing is I dont remember being admitted to hospital or what I thought once I realised where I was.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2019, 12:15 AM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
I lost my vaper in my house a day or two before I was brought in last week and never got around to replacing it. Then,once admitted couldn't buy a new one if I'd wanted to. So I am completely nicotine free now and don't miss it. It was a very low dose of nicotine I was on anyway.

The strangest thing is I dont remember being admitted to hospital or what I thought once I realised where I was.
Well done on giving up Dreamy.
No, I guess you were very confused, but at least you are in the right place Dreamy. Sleep well if you can. Good Night. x
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2019, 11:55 AM

I did sleep well - I generally do in hospital. There's something comforting about having others around. I don't know what I'll do when I leave.

It occurred to me today that most of us have routines and our days are very similar whether we live alone or not.I used to like my independence, but I've lost that now.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2019, 12:08 PM

I did sleep well - I generally do in hospital. There's something comforting about having others around. I don't know what I'll do when I leave.

It occurred to me today that most of us have routines and our days are very similar whether we live alone or not.I used to like my independence, but I've lost that now.

I can understand that, you are thinking logically now. Being alone when you are distressed is unbearable.

Glad you slept well. X
You will need extra care if and when you go home. Think about how you would implement that Dreamy.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

13-02-2019, 01:55 PM

Perhaps someone coming round each day would be a start. I couldn't imagine being home alone.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

13-02-2019, 02:50 PM

Perhaps someone coming round each day would be a start. I couldn't imagine being home alone.

Yes I think that would be a good start.
Increase the care if and when you need it Dreamy.
Better that than thoughts of the hospice yet.
The hospital social worker should discuss this with you, before you are discharged.
Not a sure how this works in Scotland.
But ask. X
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

14-02-2019, 12:26 PM

Today I've to have a blood transfusion this afternoon. Not too happy with that but they say I'm a little anaemic.

Also had 2 psychiatrists in, checking on my memory and other cognitive areas.

Yesterday I made my final donations to the Maggis centre - you can look them up. So I've paid out £2k in donations so far and that's money the state won't see. I truly believe that is the best charity I could give to.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

14-02-2019, 12:51 PM

Today I've to have a blood transfusion this afternoon. Not too happy with that but they say I'm a little anaemic.

Also had 2 psychiatrists in, checking on my memory and other cognitive areas.

Yesterday I made my final donations to the Maggis centre - you can look them up. So I've paid out £2k in donations so far and that's money the state won't see. I truly believe that is the best charity I could give to.
You will feel better for the blood transfusion Dreamy.
I am guessing the psychiatric assessments were to see if you can make rational decisions.

I am glad you are happy with your donations Dreamy, as I know that is important to you.

Any decisions about discharge yet?
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

14-02-2019, 01:19 PM

No, I'll be in here for a while - better than lots of little stays.plus,I'll have lots of chemo coming up and I think they'll keep me in rather than have me turn up at 9pm for appointments.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

14-02-2019, 01:36 PM

No, I'll be in here for a while - better than lots of little stays.plus,I'll have lots of chemo coming up and I think they'll keep me in rather than have me turn up at 9pm for appointments.
I agree with that, 9 pm that is late?????

Page 218 of 276 « First < 118 168 208 216 217 218 219 220 228 268 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top