Join for free
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2018, 08:40 PM

Re: Driverless Cars

Originally Posted by Aysa ->
Hi Mups
I personally would love to live long enough to be able to make use of driverless cars ,they cant come soon enough for me.
I think theyre going to be very useful in enabling people to get about who wouldnt otherwise be able...not everyone feels able to use public transport so these driverless cars could help them get about.
If theres a market for them they will be made.
You made my point more elegantly than I.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2018, 08:49 PM

Originally Posted by Aysa ->
Hi Mups
I personally would love to live long enough to be able to make use of driverless cars ,they cant come soon enough for me.
I think theyre going to be very useful in enabling people to get about who wouldnt otherwise be able...not everyone feels able to use public transport so these driverless cars could help them get about.
If theres a market for them they will be made.

Hi Aysa ,

When you say "for people that otherwise wouldn't be able to", do you mean for people who can't drive a normal car, like perhaps, disabled drivers, or perhaps people who have never passed their test?

I wonder if they will require a new driving test?
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2018, 08:52 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
If they are not going to drive why would they need to be tested?

Interesting point though. Who will hold the licence?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2018, 08:58 PM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
If they are not going to drive why would they need to be tested?

Interesting point though. Who will hold the licence?

So if you were hit by a driverless car by someone who had never passed a test and had no driving licence, what would your insurers say I wonder?
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK

28-10-2018, 09:13 PM

So if you were hit by a driverless car by someone who had never passed a test and had no driving licence, what would your insurers say I wonder?
Another interesting point.
Well, you wouldn't be hit by someone since there is no driver so no driver's licence to revoke. No doubt the vehicle would have to be insured. That, I think, would be the route the prosecution would have to pursue.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2018, 09:26 PM

Driverless Cars
What is the point?
They scare the hell out of me Mups
And as for electric cars, three words,
winter power cuts ....
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2018, 09:30 PM

Hi Aysa ,

When you say "for people that otherwise wouldn't be able to", do you mean for people who can't drive a normal car, like perhaps, disabled drivers, or perhaps people who have never passed their test?

Yes and anyone else who cant access cars which they need to actually drive.
I think it could open up a whole world of possibilities for these people.
Also im a driver but I dont like to drive long journeys to places that are strange to me so I cant wait until I can jump into one of these driverless cars and be driven without the hassle and stress of doing the driving.
It would in effect give people who used them no need to obtain a driving licence as they would just be the "users" so to speak.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK

28-10-2018, 09:48 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
They scare the hell out of me Mups
And as for electric cars, three words,
winter power cuts ....
Somewhat off topic but....
For EVs to go mainstream would require a radical rethink of our national grid.
Ray Cathode
Scotland, UK (but not EU)
Ray Cathode is male  Ray Cathode has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2018, 10:45 PM

Mercedes Benz trialled a semi-autonomous artic in 2015. It needed a driver to be present but 99% of the time it drove itself

http://uk.businessinsider.com/merced...5-10?r=US&IR=T
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK

28-10-2018, 11:09 PM

Originally Posted by Ray Cathode ->
Mercedes Benz trialled a semi-autonomous artic in 2015. It needed a driver to be present but 99% of the time it drove itself

http://uk.businessinsider.com/merced...5-10?r=US&IR=T
Nice find.

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top