Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2019, 11:55 AM

Space X (Dragon) Docking with the ISS

Just watching this live on TV. Amazing technology and a shot in the arm for Nasa and space travel in general. I'm sure there will be a link to some video soon.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2019, 01:09 PM

Re: Space X (Dragon) Docking with the ISS

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Just watching this live on TV. Amazing technology and a shot in the arm for Nasa and space travel in general. I'm sure there will be a link to some video soon.
No video as yet, but here's a still:

I do hope that the crash test dummy is OK .....
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2019, 01:13 PM

An impeccable launch and a perfect docking with the ISS all done automatically. I'm sure that Ripley, the dummy pilot is well Omah.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2019, 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
An impeccable launch and a perfect docking with the ISS all done automatically. I'm sure that Ripley, the dummy pilot is well Omah.
I feel for Ripley .....
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2019, 09:30 AM

summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2019, 09:37 AM

I read that space flight for passengers could be available in months....a flight I won't be making amazing technology though.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

04-03-2019, 10:04 AM

Originally Posted by summer ->
I read that space flight for passengers could be available in months....a flight I won't be making amazing technology though.
I doubt if any of us mere mortals will ever be able to afford it (for a while anyway). I would love to do it but I can see a few disasters ahead until it becomes commonplace.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2019, 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I doubt if any of us mere mortals will ever be able to afford it (for a while anyway). I would love to do it but I can see a few disasters ahead until it becomes commonplace.
The thought of it scares me....I'm not even keen on flying so space flight would be even worse....I still can't get my head around how such a heavy object stays up there....with no strings attached
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow

08-03-2019, 12:58 PM

SpaceX Dragon demo capsule leaves station for Earth

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-47477617

America's new commercial astronaut capsule will complete its demonstration flight on Friday with a splashdown in the Atlantic Ocean.

The SpaceX Dragon vehicle has left the International Space Station (ISS) where it's been docked this past week to begin the journey back.

It has a heat-shield to protect it from the high temperatures of re-entry.

Four parachutes should bring it into soft contact with water about 450km from Cape Canaveral, Florida.

Splashdown is expected at about 08:45 EST (13:45 GMT). A boat, called GO Searcher, will be waiting to recover the capsule.
Let's hope re-entry goes well .....
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

08-03-2019, 02:10 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
SpaceX Dragon demo capsule leaves station for Earth

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-47477617

Let's hope re-entry goes well .....
I'm hoping it will be shown live on TV.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top