Join for free
Page 3 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2019, 12:52 PM

Re: Richard Gere

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I thought it was pretentious rubbish.

It's as though the director gave us all the bits of film in a bag and said, 'There you go, see if you can put that together.'
Thats your excuse then for not understanding what it was about !
The writer is highly thought of ,
The Assasination Of Gianni Versace
Child44
just two .
I read that this happened to a friend of his ,I take it the son .
Seven episodes should reveal a lot .

Perhaps very influential moguls like the character RG is playing are very well able to watch operations .
What about those studying medicine don’t they sometimes get to watch from viewing platforms ?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2019, 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by Zuleika ->
Child44
just two .

Perhaps very influential moguls like the character RG is playing are very well able to watch operations .
What about those studying medicine don’t they sometimes get to watch from viewing platforms ?
I couldn't care less if the writer is highly thought of or not, it didn't appeal to me. The characters were just not realistic, who behaves in the ways they did? You are right of course in that the following episodes will probably reveal more but I'm not sure I am prepared to wait that long. It's a shame because there are some good actors in it.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2019, 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by Zuleika ->
Child44
just two .

Of course they do but not the patient's parents. How ridiculous was that.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2019, 02:12 PM

I watched it I won't pretend I understood it all but I am sticking with it as they may bring it all together in the next episodes.

Met Richard Gere in a lift in London once very gentlemanly man he held the doors for me to get the push chair out and then helped carry it down a flight of stairs. One of the nicer celebs I have met.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

08-03-2019, 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I watched it I won't pretend I understood it all but I am sticking with it as they may bring it all together in the next episodes.

Met Richard Gere in a lift in London once very gentlemanly man he held the doors for me to get the push chair out and then helped carry it down a flight of stairs. One of the nicer celebs I have met.
He does seem like a nice bloke, that doesn't surprise me. (nice to see you back Julie).
MrFraggle
United Kingdom
MrFraggle is male  MrFraggle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2019, 02:16 PM

I found the pathetic casting by the BBC to show how politically correct it is annoying. After ten minutes I gave up.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2019, 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by MrFraggle ->
I found the pathetic casting by the BBC to show how politically correct it is annoying. After ten minutes I gave up.
What on earth is that supposed to mean?
Why was the casting pathetic?
In what way?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2019, 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
What on earth is that supposed to mean?
Why was the casting pathetic?
In what way?
Glad you asked because I am struggling to see the PC in it, unless people don't want to see any black faces on TV at all.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

08-03-2019, 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Glad you asked because I am struggling to see the PC in it, unless people don't want to see any black faces on TV at all.
The black Prime Minister for instance.
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2019, 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Of course they do but not the patient's parents. How ridiculous was that.
Are you absolutely sure you know for sure and certain exactly what money can and cannot buy ?

Page 3 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top