Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2019, 12:41 PM

My name says it all!

Right. The days not started well our cat brought us a present. A HUGE gert big wood pigeon, dead as mutton, brought through the cat flap and deposited on our bed at seven o'clock this morning.

The cat, Snot, just sat there purring satisfaction oozing from every pore (should that be paw?) while the memsahib once again sounded off about what she was going to do to Snot and then me.

More about Snot, how he got that name, and - well everything if anyone's interested.

Meantime about petite mom. Petite? I wish!

I'm 73 and have been retired since 2000. My wife is a few years my junior and we both live in Norfolk in the UK.

Our home, a small Edwardian villa, is in a once small village just outside of Norwich which has over recent years been enlarged to now be a small town..

Interests? Eclectic and religions from a purely academic basis.

Likes? Lots of things especially Spring, mornings, good food, good coffee, nice people.

Dislikes? Not many but they're strong. Ignorance, especially as a deliberate choice ranks high. Closed minds, cruelty in all of its forms, and seagulls with hairy legs.

Religion? Fundamental Pastafarian.

Get the picture?
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2019, 12:45 PM

Re: My name says it all!

Hello Rog a warm welcome to Over50sForum.

A great intro .... thanks!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2019, 12:48 PM

Welcome Todger.

You sound like you might post again so a warm welcome to you.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2019, 12:50 PM

haha Todg, love the intro, made me chuckle.

I'm waving at you from Yorkshire

Welcome
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2019, 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
haha Todg, love the intro, made me chuckle.

I'm waving at you from Yorkshire

Welcome
I'm waving back!

Rotten weather down here today. Cold wet and windy.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2019, 01:03 PM

Hello Rog welcome....
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2019, 01:05 PM

Okay Todger you've got my attention and it would be excellent to hear more of your exciting take on life....You're just the sort of person we've been looking for, and complete with Snot.....Er I mean a cat...We like cats on here.... I look forward to reading you.....
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2019, 01:06 PM

Good afternoon Roger matey and welcome.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK

10-03-2019, 01:07 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Welcome Todger.

You sound like you might post again so a warm welcome to you.
Thanks!

When it comes to posting again, count on it!

A little more about me.

Right now I'm housebound after experiencing a stroke November last year.

I won't say suffering a stroke because She Who Must Be Obeyed is looking after me better that anyone could expect let alone very much better than I deserve!

We've been married since June 1976. Even after 40 odd years we both remember our wedding as clear as if it was yesterday.

Er' indoors says she wishes our wedding day was to be tomorrow because if so she wouldn't go!
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK

10-03-2019, 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Okay Todger you've got my attention and it would be excellent to hear more of your exciting take on life....You're just the sort of person we've been looking for, and complete with Snot.....Er I mean a cat...We like cats on here.... I look forward to reading you.....
Ah yes, Snot.

We've never had a cat other than by accident.

Like all those who went before Snot arrived by chance at our door or rather window one horrid stormy day two years ago.

We live on the outskirts of our village abutting a national park and so all sorts of wildlife appear from time to time including the odd feral cat. There's not many of them though, foxes seem to predate on them.

So there it was, hissing down with rain, windy, and cold. A bit like it is today and out of the blue this little black and white bundle looking for all the world like a drowned rat at our window howling.

Well whatyagointodo?

My wife had gone to the local (shop) and so I opened the door into the laundry room and in it shot. A bit of cold chicken and a saucer of cream --- just to keep it going you understand

At this point SHE came home and the first words that came out of her mouth were "Right, that's not going to stay".

Hence "Snot" as in "that's not".

It's still an outdoor cat but there's a cat flap in case it wants to not be an outdoor cat which is increasingly more frequent as it ages and the memshab softens.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top