Join for free
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2019, 02:41 PM

Re: Remainers, Open your Eyes!

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
You're simply nitpicking now Annie. You seem to have a pat answer to everything negative about the EU so it is pointless.
IT IS THE EU THAT ISSUES THE REGULATIONS AND RED TAPE. If you insist on stating that other countries choose to ignore the same when it comes to regulations and the endless red tape, please prove it! don't just state it.
It's a fact SG that we choose how we implement the rules. Do you think that Greece and other countries are doing this? Even Germany doesn't. It suits us that's all. It's just used as a convenient excuse to fleece business and reduce government expenditure. There are no EU policemen coming here to check any of this. It's been our decision to do this but not to implement EU immigration rules or other rules that don't suit our policies. Just look at how there are various rules on medicines in the EU yet we can't buy anything more than an aspirin here. Go to Spain or Germany and you can buy any strong drug over the counter at a chemist. Rules are there to be interpreted and implemented as our state decides.
Unsure
UK
Unsure is male  Unsure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2019, 02:45 PM

You're simply nitpicking now Annie. You seem to have a pat answer to everything negative about the EU so it is pointless.
IT IS THE EU THAT ISSUES THE REGULATIONS AND RED TAPE. If you insist on stating that other countries choose to ignore the same when it comes to regulations and the endless red tape, please prove it! don't just state it.

Very interesting. Please cite an example of unnecessary EU regulation and red tape that impinged your business with links please.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2019, 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I do agree with all who are saying it was our governments but they couldn't have been so weak and willing without the EU. I don't know how true it is but I remember a while ago being told we can't renationalise our utilities unless we sell them to the other EU countries. As a customer I feel held to ransom already by France who seems to make profits out of our water while not investing very much in our pipe work.
They are all complicit Julie. We the people are but helpless pawns, unable to do a single thing to stop the fatcats, the greedy, the feckless,the careerists, the cheats and the blatant traitors, selling us out.

What I find bewildering though, is how one single person who does not belong to the above category, can ever condone their action, which, if they just took their biased blinkers off, know we are telling the truth.
Regardless of whether they wish to remain or leave the EU.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2019, 02:53 PM

Originally Posted by Unsure ->
Very interesting. Please cite an example of unnecessary EU regulation and red tape that impinged your business with links please.
Sorry Dear, Retired into my fourth year now. Couldn't possibly remember all the gobbledygook that was plonked on my desk. I find it hard enough to remember where I last put my glasses now! And, I can almost guarantee that nothing has changed since my departure and dozens more EU red tape and regulations have since poured into the finance market.

May I respectfully suggest YOU look it up instead.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2019, 02:55 PM

Swimmy, you don't have to try and convert me on your comments about the clowns we have in Parliament. I am 100% in agreement with you.
Thanks to their disgraceful actions, we are in the position of losing Brexit, This country has been humiliated by suited, unelected prats in Brussels and we are the laughing stock of the rest of the world. You get no argument from me.

My post was about the mantra of Remain posters forever complaining that our economy will go down the pan if we leave the EU. as though they are the only saviour, when in truth, they have been successful in stealthily destroying, one by one, our most successful industries by means of over-regulation and laws that have never been to our advantage or benefit. (please note I did say albeit with the help of our own idiots).

The only response against my post is that it was not the saintly EU, but Margaret Thatcher and Media propaganda.

Like I said in another post, It's the battered wife syndrome, making excuses for the wife beater all the time and just won't or don't want, to admit the truth.
Hi

Apologies SG, I am not in a good place at the moment.

There was no plan when Cameron held the Referendum, he was so sure that he would win.

George Osborne, his sidekick who is now earning a mint, refused point blank to fund work on a plan.

Things then went into meltdown with our Politicians doing nothing, just concentrating on who would be the next PM.

The Civil Service, in spite of that, did come up with a plan.

A simple WTO Free Trade Deal, pay what we owe, achievable within the 2 years of Article 50.

No need to pay another £19 Billion for a transition.

We would have lost Services, but that was reality.

We would have been out next Friday, industry and agriculture and fisheries intact, not a tariff in sight.

It would have hurt short term, 30,000 job losses in the City, but in a strong position to strike new Free Trade Deals.

The best guess was that we would be back in profit in 7 years.

Turned down flat, the idiots thought they could do better.

They haven't and look at the mess we are now in.

Decent, honest, hard working Voters sold down the river.

We are not taking control, our Politicians are now being dictated to by the prats we wanted to leave.

I am disgusted by them.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire

23-03-2019, 03:03 PM

Spot on Swimmy, Sorry you not feeling up to scratch today. Hope you feel better soon.
Banchory
Kent
Banchory is male  Banchory has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2019, 03:05 PM

I hope Remain supporters won't mind me saying that whilst they always seem keen to remind those of us who voted to leave the EU, just what we will be losing out on in our economy. Not once do they ever bring up the fact that it is the EU that is responsible for some of the worst damage to our industries. Albeit, with the cooperation of our crappy, bootlicking successive governments, ever eager to please their EU masters, and to hell with the cost of British jobs and livelihoods.

When it comes to our industries, I have always believed that this was a planned and deliberate move by the EU to diminish the UK’s successful track record in most fields of Industry, in order to bring us in under their mantle only. I can almost guarantee that if you were to name a single British Industry, the EU’s slimy hands have dipped into it, and never to our advantage.

It really amazes me how quickly Remainers also choose to forget about the onslaught on our industries. Remember in 2011? When a silver-haired, forked tongued gentleman from the EU, in his capacity as the European Union’s internal market commissioner, one Michel Barnier himself, met with the Bank of England Governor, Mervyn King, and dared to threaten to restrict the Bank of England’s powers to fix the capital rules for our banks. I haven’t forgotten it, even if I didn’t realise at the time that it was Barnier.
I still remember with glee, reading how King let fly at him in response I think the translator at the time was in shock at King’s anger and response. Good on you Sir Mervyn.

We never hear of the thousands of other meetings that have no doubt, been held in Brussels with successful British businesses, I guarantee that if one were to look into any of our industries you would find something that has been handicapped or damaged by the EU.

What about our Fishing Industry? The most blatant example of wholesale destruction of one of our most successful industries. Just think, we used to enjoy fishing that extended up to 200 miles from our coastline!. Once in the EU, this was slashed to just 12 miles - and even then this was classed as a concession and has had to be renewed every 10 years.
The untold damage that was caused, especially in the early years, is insurmountable. The damage is still ongoing. We have lost access to fishing sales that would now be worth well over £2 billion a year. And for what? The disgraceful, wasteful EU quotas have resulted in thousands of tonnes of fish just being thrown away. Oh, and to cap it all, we have to donate British taxpayers money to other fishing counties such as Greece and Poland.

What about our Financial Services Industry? One of the jewels in our crown! And one the EU would kill to get control of. How have they been doing it? Once one of the most successful in the world at one time. Over the last decade, the EU has crippled it with a tenfold increase in red tape and bureaucracy. More and more activities are coming under their majority voting and our once successful industry is being slowly and stealthily strangled.

Remainers again need to be reminded that during the 2008 financial crisis, it was the EU that proposed a Financial Transaction Tax, knowing full well that Britain would be the one country damaged most badly by such a move. Our Financial business would have been driven away to the USA, Singapore and everywhere else. Do they remember George Osborne’s words at the time? “This is a bullet aimed at the heart of London” and also “What sort of union is it that aims a gun at one of the biggest and most successful industries of one of its members?”

What about our Science Industry? Britain has been a world leader in science. In Study as well as Business.
We once conducted 12 % of clinical trials in the world.
Now it is just 1%.
Why? Because of the EU’s “Clinical Trials Directive, which at a stroke, destroyed clinical trials in this country. Okay, since then it has been made more reasonable by the EU. but too late for us as the industry had already gone to India and elsewhere. We had a leading role until the EU took over with a directive on testing genetically modified crops or insects. The process now for approval for experiments is so cumbersome and so bureaucratic, most scientists have given up even applying for it.

Going back to our financial industry - There has been a tenfold increase of EU law on financial services in the UK (I can personally vouch for that, being in the financial field for many years),
The red tape and bureaucracy have been unbelievable. It was actually overwhelming.
I guarantee it is still ongoing. British control of Financial Services is increasingly being replaced with EU regulations. Anyone who says otherwise is a liar.

The EU keeps on hurting the UK and our industries, but bloody-minded Remainers keep clinging on like an abused wife, who keep on making excuses for the abuser.

So, next time a Remain supporting poster whittles on about our industries suffering by us leaving, please remind him or her that to the contrary, British Industry will BENEFIT ENORMOUSLY if we manage to break free from their shackles before it is too late.
That you believe all this just demonstrates that you have fallen for the alt right propaganda distributes via social media. Full of half truths but distorted to portray the EU as the villain

Thatcher tried to break the unions by abandoning industry in favour of the UK becoming a service provider

The EU rightly tried to curb the massive bonus culture of the financial services industry that was seen s the root cause of the unwarranted risk taking that led to the banking crisis, recession and our governments decision to follow a policy of austerity in the UK

The scientific community are vehemently opposed to leaving the EU and those who voted leave should hang their heads in shame at the damage inflicted on this industry especially. The medical branch where we were set to be world leaders with the opening of the Francis Crick Institute

Yes there is a sharing of fishing rights but successive UK governments did little to help fishermen as their contribution to the UK economy was small and subsequently received little investment

A fair portion of whatindustry we have left is base in the UK to afford seamless access to the EU market which will disappear when we leave

You make a bold statement that British industry will benefit enormously when we leave the EU but fail to explain exactly how. Already the liever promises of easy trade deals has proved to be a fallacy and it must have dawned on you by now that we do not hold all the cards and have the uppper hand in negotiations with the EU

What your vote has done is to seriously damage this country and cast us adrift to be picked off by the vultures who are already circling. You claim to be patriots but are instead the dock puppets of others seeking to either destabilise the UK for their own financial gain or weaken the EU for political readons
Unsure
UK
Unsure is male  Unsure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2019, 03:07 PM

Sorry Dear, Retired into my fourth year now. Couldn't possibly tell you what is probably dozens more EU red tape and regulations that have since poured into the finance market.
May I respectfully suggest YOU look it up instead.

I like most citizens only know the headlines I have read in the media. Too little regulation of the banks and we have stupid sub prime lending which leads to a crash. So to my mind we need MORE regulation not less. Or do you want to Nationalise them all?

I respect that you worked in Finance and may have insights into EU-UK bullying but if you can't give evidence or cite links its just an opinion that won't change minds.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2019, 03:34 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->

We would have lost Services, but that was reality.
I don't understand why that would have been something worth pursuing. Seeing as the economy is hinged on services and has no infrastructure for replacing their loss with manufacturing.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire

23-03-2019, 03:46 PM

Unsure, I am just telling you as it was. I gain what little I know from television, radio, newspapers, the web and from more intelligent and knowing people here on the forum. I believe the majority of posters are in the same boat as me. I agree fully with you with regard to greedy banks which led to the crash. More regulation is a must.

But that is not what I was talking about. How would you feel if you were a small company, having to abide by yet another regulation thought up by the EU, which groups all Finance institutions, large, medium and small, into the same bracket for not only the regulations, but also the same costs.

There we have the banks with hundreds of branches, sitting pretty with all the infrastructure to deal with the endless red tape, cost of requiring yet another Licence from a government body,or paying the cost of putting yet another process into place, all yet again by a government ordered by the EU to implement, and who is ever willing to follow their rules slavishly.

Next, we have medium and small finance businesses, many with perhaps one or two offices and/or employing 1, 2 or half a dozen staff members, still having to pay the same costs for yet another license or process as the big banks, We are talking about any amount of £600 to £1000 every time, (Banks probably write these amounts off as a bad debt wheeze or spend the same amount on lunch for themselves and their associates). But to the smaller businesses, it is yet another unnecessary and costly large fee each time that they have to pay, simply to operate alongside the big boys who only have to pay the same most of the time. How is that fair? and how can anyone ever convince me that the EU doesn't give a stuff for medium and small business in the UK.

I appreciate that any small or medium finance company that wishes to operate should be able to afford large fees in order to follow necessary regulation, but please remember, a lot of these regulations are completely unnecessary, (words out of the mouth of the last HMRC compliance officer having a cuppa with) with no thought for medium/small organisations. They are the furthest thing from the EU mandarins red tape minds when they think up yet another regulation to foist upon British businesses.

Their eyes and wants are always for the big business and conglomerates. They, along with our own government, are simply not interested in the small fry complaining. It washes over them. washes over our own government too. It's a case of put up, shut up or close up for medium to small businesses. It always has been the case since we were first led into the EU.

I'm going to shut up now because my mouth is dry and the kettle is boiling. .

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top