Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2019, 03:28 PM

PETER HITCHENS: 'I fear a British Trump who'll crush our civilisation'

Yes, I know the weekday issues are often called ’The Daily Wail’ but some interesting comments are to be found in this article, whatever your political leanings or views.

What would be your comments on the article by Peter Hitchens, a quote from which is shown below? Link to full article can be found at the end of this post.

“Harold Wilson’s technological shiny New Britain, promised in 1964, never materialised. Instead, we had devaluation, strikes and the catastrophic destruction of one of the best state education systems in the world.

Ted Heath’s supposed gritty realism, promised in 1970, ended in the Common Market, plus wild inflation and the three-day week.

Margaret Thatcher’s vaunted revolution, promised in 1979, with its flashy wrappings and bold slogans at home and abroad, devastated our manufacturing industry and did nothing to halt or slow the great Left-wing moral and cultural revolution which now has us in its grip.

As for the Blair-Brown-Cameron era, which began in 1997 and still drags on, people are only just beginning to realise the scale of its foolishness and its crazy revolutionary radicalism.”

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/a...ilisation.html
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2019, 06:20 PM

Re: PETER HITCHENS: 'I fear a British Trump who'll crush our civilisation'

For me a Donald Trump equivalent is now desperately needed in the UK.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2019, 06:26 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
For me a Donald Trump equivalent is now desperately needed in the UK.
Nigel Farage?
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2019, 06:36 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Nigel Farage?
Possibly, though IMO someone with a whole lot more brutality and focus is needed.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2019, 09:19 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Possibly, though IMO someone with a whole lot more brutality and focus is needed.
Johnny Rotten?
Psmith
melbourne australia
Psmith is male  Psmith has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2019, 09:45 PM

It has to be Boris.
Vain,self-serving,dishonest,idiot.
A perfect Trump clone.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2019, 09:51 PM

Jean-Claude Juncker

only joking
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2019, 09:56 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Johnny Rotten?
He gets my vote!
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2019, 10:14 PM

The OPEC oil crisis cannot be blamed on Ted Heath.
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2019, 11:26 AM

There's not a whole lot of our civilisation left to save. Neo-Liberal politicians in thrall to corporate capital have already ruined most of it. They are selling off the NHS (the cornerstone of our civilisation), ruining the education system, encouraging the importation of millions of immigrants willing to work for peanuts which has destroyed working class solidarity and reduced wages and working conditions to near victorian levels. They have vastly increased the gulf between rich and poor, and they hate hate hate any semblance of real democracy. They just want their puppets in parliament (in all parties) to carry on doing their dirty work!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top