Join for free
Page 2 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Ray Cathode
Scotland, UK (but not EU)
Ray Cathode is male  Ray Cathode has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2019, 05:42 PM

Re: My Thoughts on Brexit.

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
Oops bread, haven't you heard? The EU has set a new date, either april 12, or may 22. With all options open for a longer extension in case theresa's deal will not be accepted.

Only if the HoC votes for TM's deal.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2019, 06:00 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
Oops bread, haven't you heard? The EU has set a new date, either april 12, or may 22. With all options open for a longer extension in case theresa's deal will not be accepted.

That's just my point. Parliamentary sovereignty will not allow for the EU to change the date. UK law is UK law
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2019, 06:01 PM

Originally Posted by Ray Cathode ->
Only if the HoC votes for TM's deal.
Wrong. If they vote for it, may 22 is exit date. If not, may has till april 12 to bring forward a proposal. That could be a long extension.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2019, 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
That's just my point. Parliamentary sovereignty will not allow for the EU to change the date. UK law is UK law
Also wrong. Take 5 minutes to read the page in the link.
https://publiclawforeveryone.com/201...legal-reality/
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2019, 09:29 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
I don’t know about anyone else on here who voted to leave the EU, but I get the distinct feeling from reading the usual Remain supporting media, that just because committed remainers have voiced their opposition to Brexit with such gusto, whilst the Leave voters have remained quiet, it must give the impression that many of us who voted to leave in 2016, are now regretting it. How wrong they are!.

I don’t for a moment doubt that our crappy politicians have been emboldened to make the traitorous decisions they have, on this assumption, and are trying their hardest to either revoke or go for a soft Brexit. They seem totally oblivious to the fact that any one of them that votes for anything other than Theresa May’s deal (not the Brexit we wanted) or leaving with no deal (hurt for a while but at least delivering what the people wanted) will cause such a backlash against each and everyone of them, as well as their parties themselves.,
They won’t know the meaning of Armageddon if any, but the above two choices, does not go ahead.

Just think about it. Here we are, almost three years later and Leave voters still don’t regret for a moment, their decision to vote leave. That to me in itself is extraordinary! One only has to read the posts on OFF by leave voting posters. We all still feel as strongly today about Brexit going ahead, as the day we put our cross next to the questions - Leave or Stay - in a democratically held referendum.

Oh yes, all you remainers are quick to point out that it was only an advisory referendum. Just another media introduced aside to add to your suit of armour as you attack Leavers.
It certainly suits your agenda of insulting and demeaning the winning team. What hypocrisy! You do not have to be a fool to know that if Remain had been the winner in the Referendum, the result would immediately have been classed as sacrosanct, a true and democratic decision taken by the British public. I dare you to deny it!

Let’s be honest, Bubblewrap London and the Southeast will be pleased if Brexit doesn’t happen, but they need to beware. The rest of Britain will cause absolute political chaos at the very earliest opportunity. Remember those recent gains the Tory party gained in the Midlands and the North because of their misguided belief in them taking us out with Brexit? Well, I can almost guarantee they can kiss every one of those gains goodbye, plus, the actual existence of their own parties will be so vulnerable anywhere north of Watford, they will be wetting themselves.

You just watch what the new two in-words will be when these same MP’s come calling for our votes. YOU LIED! In fact, I think that if a new party were to be formed called “YOU LIED” in any leave voting constituency north of Watford that was betrayed, I could see the votes come tumbling in for them. We would be spoiled for choice between THE BREXIT PARTY and YOU LIED. I would certainly enjoy that because voting for the latter would show just how much my precious vote means in our elitist led society, and how it was spat on by the establishment.
I would hope that millions of others would do the same. After all, replacing the clowns with a tiny independent party - with policies that they probably wrote on a fag packet - who could possibly tell the difference to what we have now? I would rather vote for the Monster Raving Loony Party than either of the vile two mainstream parties.

Anyway, back to the serious. If Brexit doesn’t happen, can you imagine what is going to happen in a general election? Imagine the clowns who were there at the time,lifelong established politicians in their safe seats,regularly seen smirking and snarling at the cameras in the HOC at the mere mention of Brexit, Just think, instead of coming out with the usual crap they speak in order to get their once fooled constituents votes, having instead to spend the whole of their time explaining to the electorate who trusted them to fulfil their wishes, spluttering out excuse after excuse as to why they lied and voted agaInst them? I really would love to be a fly on the wall listening and watching them sweat as they realise they are truly out of a job.

That my fellow posters, will be Armageddon. Established parties completely demolished!

I cannot wait. Whether Brexit is stolen from us by the establishment or not, We WILL speak with the one thing that will hurt them. Our vote. Don’t rip it up please. Use it instead to rid us of the vermin that infects our democracy.

Well, that’s it. My thoughts on it all today. Definitely a tirade but I feel better for having typed it. LOL. Makes me sound like a revolutionary when I read it back. Oh Well, life left in the old dog yet. Now where’s me union flag?
Londoners that voted remain: 50 something %

Shropshire-ites that voted leave: 50 something %

We're all in the same boat.

Perhaps you could start another thread, in the geography section, on your dislike of all things London.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2019, 10:31 PM

Originally Posted by d00d ->
Londoners that voted remain: 50 something %

Shropshire-ites that voted leave: 50 something %

We're all in the same boat.

Perhaps you could start another thread, in the geography section, on your dislike of all things London.
The thing is that only the people of Scotland and those of Londonistan voted heavily in favour of remaining in the EU.

The truth is that the people of Scotland labour under the assumption that they have a voice of equal weight to the population of England on the basis that both Scotland and England are equal partners in the United Kingdom, and find it difficult to understand how we, the English, can outvote them when it comes to such things as Brexit.

On the other hand, the people of Londonistan are blissfully unaware of the very existence of anyone else outside of their city and, consequently, wonder how on earth the vote on Brexit didn't go their way.

d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2019, 10:50 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
The thing is that only the people of Scotland and those of Londonistan voted heavily in favour of remaining in the EU.

The truth is that the people of Scotland labour under the assumption that they have a voice of equal weight to the population of England on the basis that both Scotland and England are equal partners in the United Kingdom, and find it difficult to understand how we, the English, can outvote them when it comes to such things as Brexit.

On the other hand, the people of Londonistan are blissfully unaware of the very existence of anyone else outside of their city and, consequently, wonder how on earth the vote on Brexit didn't go their way.

OMG are you from Shropshire too.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2019, 10:58 PM

OMG are you from Shropshire too.
No, I lived there for only three years.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK

26-03-2019, 11:07 PM

This map may as well be in black & white.

Shropshire's there's, yellow, safe distance from the blue.

But shades of green are needed.

JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

26-03-2019, 11:20 PM

This map may as well be in black & white.

Shropshire's there's, yellow, safe distance from the blue.

But shades of green are needed.

Funny how NI voted to remain (I assume).

Page 2 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top