Join for free
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 > Last »
Unsure
UK
Unsure is male  Unsure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2019, 08:15 PM

Why do we hate the EU?

Please watch this first.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHJuvgtr8vY

Then add your own pet hates but only if you can provide proof or a link.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2019, 08:23 PM

Re: Why do we hate the EU?

Originally Posted by Unsure ->
Please watch this first.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHJuvgtr8vY

Then add your own pet hates but only if you can provide proof or a link.
Thanks Unsure
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2019, 08:32 PM

The Mail, Express, Telegraph, Sun have managed to stay alive by printing what people want to read. The punter loves it, they need something/someone to hate.

Unsure
UK
Unsure is male  Unsure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2019, 09:06 PM

Yep but these anti EU jibes and headlines have been going on for years before we had the rise of UKIP. I think the billionaire owners and the billionaire non-dom supporters of these rags are worried that the EU could come after their money and therefore want to destroy it. I heard that the EU are increasingly looking into tax havens and large scale corporate tax avoidance.
The other motivation might be that the EU is now quite a bit to the political left of UK and they want to push us more towards the USA. Maybe to some sort of low tax, deregulated Singapore without the sun.
OldFogey
NW UK
OldFogey is male  OldFogey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2019, 09:10 PM

"Why do we hate the EU?"

I love the "we"!

It'll be "We're all in this together" next.
Unsure
UK

27-03-2019, 10:33 PM

Originally Posted by OldFogey ->
"Why do we hate the EU?"

I love the "we"!

It'll be "We're all in this together" next.

I was trying to attract EU haters to the thread that's all.
OldFogey
NW UK
OldFogey is male  OldFogey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2019, 06:08 AM

Originally Posted by Unsure ->
I was trying to attract EU haters to the thread that's all.
You shouldn't have too much problem - they're all over these forums!
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2019, 08:38 AM

Originally Posted by d00d ->
The Mail, Express, Telegraph, Sun have managed to stay alive by printing what people want to read. The punter loves it, they need something/someone to hate.

I hate the EU because it has the CAP which is designed to keep fat French farmers well paid and driving around in shiny new tractors whilst half heartedly producing food that no-one would buy if the CAP didn't subsidise thm to the hilt.

I hate the Fisheries Policy that allows foreign factory ships to absolutely plunder British waters.

I hate uncontrolled free movement of labour that suppresses wages, reduces job security and conditions and reduces the bargaining power of British workers and is bad for social cohesion.

I hate the remote level of EU Gov't where the UK has a voice but no influence, where we can't elect commisioners or remove them from office, even when they are nasty, drunken, self serving fools.

There's more but I'm guessing you're not really listening.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2019, 08:55 AM

First let me say that I do not hate the EU & will continue to visit it's countries, but I did vote to leave.
The real problem is that your link just demonstrates how those, who think differently to me, try to make leave voters seem to be imbeciles, for voting that way.
Newspapers have always had the ability to use ludicrous headlines, to capture peoples attention & promote their political ideas....but it doesn't mean what they say is accurately reported!

When will people realize that many leave voters had genuine reasons for voting "Leave" and had the right to vote on those reasons! Our reasons were not all the same..... just as those who vote for Tories, or Labour don't all vote that way for the same reason!

The Uk used to be a democracy, where the majority vote wins.......but we now see that being eroded by selfish politicians who are protesting to get things the way they want them to go! No government can give all the people everything they want, but it seems to me that today's politicians are looking for greater accolade, or a higher job.

It isn't the EU that we hate, it is our politicians, who put their own needs first and are destroying the democracy that was once so important to our country!
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2019, 09:03 AM

I dislike the EU gravy train immensely...I think we we joined a trade agreement a common market and ended up with a Federation State ...I'm not I favour of that.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top