Join for free
Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2019, 10:35 AM

Re: Jagger ill

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
I think they are grosteque jumping around th stage at their age
Why not if they can still pull in massive audiences who want to see them?
Would you say the same about Cliff?

Do you say the same about people going out for a run who are in their 70's?

What a misguided and frankly ridiculous statement!
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2019, 10:54 AM

Rediculous is Mick Jagger strutting his stuff .
Rediculous are the prices they charge for tickets .
Dont they have enough money ?
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2019, 11:03 AM

You've got to keep on rocking and rolling to maintain that lavish lifestyle to the end.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2019, 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Rediculous is Mick Jagger strutting his stuff .
Rediculous are the prices they charge for tickets .
Dont they have enough money ?
I go back to my post, Muddy. If people still want to see the Rolling Stones - and they are undoubtedly the biggest live draw on the planet still - and the band are happy to keep performing, then why on earth not?

I've been reading an interview with Keith Richards last week where he says that playing live to people will always give him so much enjoyment and it's not all about the money. It's what he and the band do very well and they put on a great stage show. Good luck to them!

Please accept that if some people wish to buy tickets at those prices it's entirely up to them. They wouldn't have a go at some of your interests.

You need to use the "IMO" a little more I think, Muddy! Each to their own and stop being a grump will you?!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2019, 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
I don't call 75 a "grand age"...85 maybe or 95 most definitely, but 75??? Nah!!
ruthio, I was just going to say that!
I would say more 100 but even some of those are still young in their mind and body!
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

31-03-2019, 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
You've got to keep on rocking and rolling to maintain that lavish lifestyle to the end.
True, Mick Jagger enjoys that jet-set lifestyle and he is definitely the driving force behind the band.

Keith is happy to spend his time lounging around on desert island, playing guitar with his rock star mates and falling out of coconut tress.

Ron Wood is an exceptionally gifted portrait artist who has that lucrative sideline and Charlie Watts enjoys looking after his extensive fleet of classic cars, even though he cannot drive.

They are enjoying their pensions without retiring I guess!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2019, 11:14 AM

I saw the Rolling Stones playing live at the Granada theatre in Rugby in 1964.

Dave Berry and others were playing too.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2019, 11:28 AM

Jagger first TV appearance with his Father 1957 climbing up a Mountain at Tunbridge Wells.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPzngVbiNhA
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2019, 12:11 PM

I do hope Mick is ok,and I wish for Him and the Stones to keep on rocking as long as They can,as long as They want to,and as long as Their fans want to see Them live on stage...rock on
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2019, 12:17 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
I go back to my post, Muddy. If people still want to see the Rolling Stones - and they are undoubtedly the biggest live draw on the planet still - and the band are happy to keep performing, then why on earth not?

I've been reading an interview with Keith Richards last week where he says that playing live to people will always give him so much enjoyment and it's not all about the money. It's what he and the band do very well and they put on a great stage show. Good luck to them!

Please accept that if some people wish to buy tickets at those prices it's entirely up to them. They wouldn't have a go at some of your interests.

You need to use the "IMO" a little more I think, Muddy! Each to their own and stop being a grump will you?!
Saw them last year and they were AMAZING!!!
So much energy and verve and the best thing was you could see they were really enjoying themselves and having FUN!!

You know, one of the most infuriating things about this forum is you cannot post the same photo more than once, so the photos are here...

https://www.over50sforum.com/showthr...28#post1428028

Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top