Join for free
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2019, 06:58 PM

The Family Chase

The family Chase, it's a bit of a waste of time, isn't it. As soon as you see a couple of kids around 18 years old, you know it's going to be a none starter.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2019, 08:27 PM

Re: The Family Chase

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
The family Chase, it's a bit of a waste of time, isn't it. As soon as you see a couple of kids around 18 years old, you know it's going to be a none starter.
Yes Absolutely Spitty, I've just wasted an hour of my life....
Bit of a wash out wasn't it....
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2019, 09:14 PM

I was condemned to watch this tripe while doing my filial duty at my old mum's for mothers day. The `youngsters` of today have no general knowledge to speak of at all which is to be expected when they have their faces permanently buried in Facebook and mobile phone Apps.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2019, 12:37 AM

I haven't seen it and didn't know it existed until now. As you all say though, any quiz show designed for adults just wouldn't work for the younger generation, unless the questions are geared towards the millennia sect.

I used to watch Eggheads and if the visiting team were a bunch of students you just know that they're not going to go very far. They may have read a few books but they just don't have the life experience you pick up as you get older. Same as a younger person on the normal version of The Chase, they'll get maybe £2000 in the initial minute of questions and then go for a "Minus £" option. How aful to take away money from the previous contestants who have worked hard building up that cash builder.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2019, 07:04 AM

Its not just the hole in the knowledge that's the problem due to age, its also the fact that they can't react to clues in the question itself.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2019, 08:23 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Its not just the hole in the knowledge that's the problem due to age, its also the fact that they can't react to clues in the question itself.
Yes that's true Spitty, most of the time the answer is in the question....
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2019, 08:30 AM

It's just fun and it's great that families get together and have a go... i dont go out of my way to watch it like the normsl Chase but if i catch it...I like it.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2019, 11:31 AM

That was probably the thickest family on the planet (although the series isn't finished yet). Some hilarious answers which I intended to put on the 'Heard on a quiz show' thread but I was laughing so much I have forgotten the questions.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top