Join for free
peripheral
GB
peripheral is male  peripheral has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2019, 08:51 AM

On line shopping

We ordered a small water pump for a small tabletop water feature. We were informed that it would be delivered Wednesday 3rd of April. Thursday 4th April we were informed that we would have to wait another week for the pump to be delivered.

We emailed the seller and told them to cancel the order.
Friday the 5th of April the pump was delivered.

Has this sudden change in delivery happened to anyone else when threatening cancellation?

Peri.
Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2019, 09:09 AM

Re: On line shopping

I order quite a few things online. There are good and bad delivery companies. I ordered plants from one place and didn't realise how bad they were till they didn't arrive and started to research the company. In my mind I wrote the order and the £35 off but they did suddenly turn up about a month late.

I also ordered a Christmas tree and they contacted me a couple of weeks later to say it was out of stock so I opted for the refund rather than change my order. The tree arrived about two weeks after I got the refund.

I've just taken out an Amazon prime account and my first order was exactly as stated, next day, when ordering.
Argos are brilliant, ordered lots of things and they even give you a time slot.
Pyxell
South of England
Pyxell is female  Pyxell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2019, 10:08 AM

A short while back, I ordered some new crockery, mostly from John Lewis, but three items were cheaper from QVC online, so I ordered those items from them.

Well, I had to jump through hoops and sign my life away to order the QVC items, plus I then had dreadful hassles with the deliveries, plus had to wait ages, with all sorts of admin problems. Very stressful.

In contrast, JL deliveries were next day, no hassle at all.

I decided that I would rather pay a few pounds more with JL and not go through all that hassle ever again.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2019, 10:20 AM

I tend to order from the same companies. I only occasionally go outside that if I can't get what I want from who I always use. John Lewis are very good at delivering efficiently.

The biggest problem I had was with Soak.com when we ordered a lovely new loo which arrived broken in pieces. The builders had to go and buy one locally. Trying to get a refund was no joy. But then getting Soak to collect the broken loo took weeks. They seemed to think we could magically dispose of it ourselves!

What I have found is that it's best to go somewhere like trustpilot to check reviews. It's not always reliable but there should be some that give you a good idea of what the company is like.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top