Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2019, 02:19 PM

Re: Stitched up again

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Varadkar is playing a game, he wants to force a United Ireland.

He can get stuffed.

Our Politicians need to step up to the mark.
What is your interest in a divided ireland?
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2019, 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
What is your interest in a divided ireland?
Hi

The North has voted to stay part of the UK.

I believe in Democracy, very simple really.

If they voted to leave, that is also fine by me.

What I do not like is blackmail, I will never give in to it.

I am a Catholic by the way, but a Catholic who despises the IRA and any terrorist organisation.

I have picked up too many body parts , a vote is how we change things, not a bomb.

Unless you have been there yourself, you will never understand my absolute loathing of terrorists.

Picking up a babies head gives you a lasting impression.

I do not hate them, hate is an emotion which causes mistakes.

I am quite simply, and ruthlessly out to get them.

They planted a bomb where my kids went, absolutely no morals at all.

They can swan off.
itsme
Wigan UK
itsme is male  itsme has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2019, 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
We need a new negotiating team, Oliver Robbins should have been removed long ago and hopefully Barnier too now.
As we have an enforced stay better to start again and address the backstop properly.
If we had left without an agreement there would have been no hard border between the north and south of Ireland so it is illogical to state with an agreement there must be one.

May has done her best but was ill advised. Labour should be seen for what it is a disrupter with advisors like Seamus Milne who will use Brexit as an opportunity to create chaos, bring down the government and install a left wing marxist government.
Fourth time lucky ?????
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2019, 04:09 PM

I have a message for you

brexit is over

plan for revenge now

dont waste your vote

you know who to vote for

do it!

Donkeyman
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2019, 07:22 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

The North has voted to stay part of the UK.

I believe in Democracy, very simple really.

If they voted to leave, that is also fine by me.

What I do not like is blackmail, I will never give in to it.

I am a Catholic by the way, but a Catholic who despises the IRA and any terrorist organisation.

I have picked up too many body parts , a vote is how we change things, not a bomb.

Unless you have been there yourself, you will never understand my absolute loathing of terrorists.

Picking up a babies head gives you a lasting impression.

I do not hate them, hate is an emotion which causes mistakes.

I am quite simply, and ruthlessly out to get them.

They planted a bomb where my kids went, absolutely no morals at all.

They can swan off.

Such referendum took place in 1921, a lot has changed since then, not least the population - it needs at very least, a fresh referendum.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2019, 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
I can see the conservatives walking out of the commons today in disgust.
s

Unfortunately Bread, the only thing those self-serving MPs walked out on - was for their 11 day holiday to go skiing or to lie on a sandy beach in the sun. This, while this country is going through the biggest constitutional crisis in our history.

They defy belief!
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2019, 10:25 AM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
s

Unfortunately Bread, the only thing those self-serving MPs walked out on - was for their 11 day holiday to go skiing or to lie on a sandy beach in the sun. This, while this country is going through the biggest constitutional crisis in our history.

They defy belief!
They certainly do.

At least Bill Cash is still true to his word.
OldFogey
NW UK
OldFogey is male  OldFogey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2019, 05:33 AM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Such referendum took place in 1921, a lot has changed since then, not least the population - it needs at very least, a fresh referendum.
Yes, that's right.

The democratic wishes of the Irish people were ignored. The then British Government capitulated to the threat of "Loyalist" terrorism and, in an act of colossal imperialist arrogance, partitioned the country.

It's another irony of the Brexit debate that most Brexiteers, whilst banging-on about the "17.4m majority", and of being loyal defenders of the Union, choose to ignore the undemocratic shenanigans of 1921/22, plus the fact that Brexit has, if anything, served only to weaken the Union - most Irish people, North & South, don't want it! Plus, the Irish border is back on the political agenda - a gift to Sinn Fein.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2019, 03:25 PM

Originally Posted by OldFogey ->
Yes, that's right.

The democratic wishes of the Irish people were ignored. The then British Government capitulated to the threat of "Loyalist" terrorism and, in an act of colossal imperialist arrogance, partitioned the country.

It's another irony of the Brexit debate that most Brexiteers, whilst banging-on about the "17.4m majority", and of being loyal defenders of the Union, choose to ignore the undemocratic shenanigans of 1921/22, plus the fact that Brexit has, if anything, served only to weaken the Union - most Irish people, North & South, don't want it! Plus, the Irish border is back on the political agenda - a gift to Sinn Fein.
The only good thing about brexit is that it necessitates a solution to the division of ireland. In other words, the two islands will have to separate.

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top