Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2019, 01:57 PM

Re: One for the Remainers

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
What's the difference? Anyone?
European Union countries gave initial clearance on Thursday to start formal trade talks with the United States, EU sources said, a move designed but not guaranteed to smooth strained relations between the world’s two largest economies.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2019, 05:08 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
European Union countries gave initial clearance on Thursday to start formal trade talks with the United States, EU sources said, a move designed but not guaranteed to smooth strained relations between the world’s two largest economies.
Going well is it ?

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-...e-spat-worsens
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2019, 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
Going well is it ?

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-...e-spat-worsens
The word retaliate says it all, doesn't it.

U.S. President Donald Trump on Tuesday*threatened to impose U.S. tariffs on $11 billion worth of European Union products over what Washington sees as unfair subsidies given to European planemaker Airbus.

Do I need to tell you where the engines for airbus are manufactured?

Airbus, truly a european project. French owned, parts manufactured in portugal and france, engines in england, assemblage near berlin, germany. Sold to china. Can you blame donald for being pissed off?
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2019, 06:44 PM

The word retaliate says it all, doesn't it.

U.S. President Donald Trump on Tuesday*threatened to impose U.S. tariffs on $11 billion worth of European Union products over what Washington sees as unfair subsidies given to European planemaker Airbus.

Do I need to tell you where the engines for airbus are manufactured?

Airbus, truly a european project. French owned, parts manufactured in portugal and france, engines in england, assemblage near berlin, germany. Sold to china. Can you blame donald for being pissed off?

Unfair trading by the EU. You deserve all you get ...
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2019, 06:56 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
The only way I would change my mind was if we had Politicians who stood up to the EU and said no.

France and Germany run the EU, we as a huge contributor could do the same.

We don't.

If Denmark, Austria and Poland can tell them to swan off, why can't we?

Swim I have been saying this all along. But how can we say "this is what we want" to the World if we cannot say no to the EU? This is what I don't understand about Brexit. We have too much complacency for going it alone. Lots of inflated egos.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2019, 07:00 PM

They say the problem is not geopolitical alliances but Global corporate giants. There is insufficient control of anti-competitive practices. Yeah they go for the big guys but is it effective?
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2019, 07:26 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Nope, I am still a leaver.

The only way I would change my mind was if we had Politicians who stood up to the EU and said no.

France and Germany run the EU, we as a huge contributor could do the same.

We don't.

If Denmark, Austria and Poland can tell them to swan off, why can't we?

We need to change our Political System.

We need decent, honest working people in charge, not the rich kids.
Swim,

Every time, it simply comes back to balless politicians. That's been the issue from the very start.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

12-04-2019, 09:00 PM

Unfair trading by the EU. You deserve all you get ...
And the UK doing it's bit. Or do the brits not deliver the engines for the planes france sold to china?
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

12-04-2019, 09:10 PM

And the UK doing it's bit. Or do the brits not deliver the engines for the planes france sold to china?
There aren't tariffs on aeroplane parts
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

12-04-2019, 10:58 PM

There aren't tariffs on aeroplane parts
Then what unfair trading are you going on about. Unless you mean, now there are no tarifs. Changes when the UK becomes a third party country.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top