Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2019, 04:09 PM

Why should I justify my vote?

For some reason, though I was in the allotment shop this morning just buying some seed trays and canes, I found myself defending my own decision to vote Brexit, to the shop volunteer who claimed 'we all voted to stay in'.

She wanted to know why. I said just because. But she still wanted to know from where that decision sprang. I wouldn't/couldn't answer her without us probably having a full blown political argument. I said all my family voted Leave.

I did go on to say I thought it was wrong that Remainers wanted another Referendum and why couldn't they accept the decision.

So there is my big question, as in the thread title. Why should I justify myself?
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2019, 04:36 PM

Re: Why should I justify my vote?

It's your business, Jazzi. Not that shopkeeper's. You don't need to answer to her, just say "it's for personal reasons".
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2019, 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
So there is my big question, as in the thread title. Why should I justify myself?
No need to justify, but there is nothing wrong with standing behind your choices.
If your vote was a considered one, you can explain your reasoning to others, so they may learn. As long as you keep an open mind yourself, there is nothing amiss.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2019, 05:37 PM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
For some reason, though I was in the allotment shop this morning just buying some seed trays and canes, I found myself defending my own decision to vote Brexit, to the shop volunteer who claimed 'we all voted to stay in'.

She wanted to know why. I said just because. But she still wanted to know from where that decision sprang. I wouldn't/couldn't answer her without us probably having a full blown political argument. I said all my family voted Leave.

I did go on to say I thought it was wrong that Remainers wanted another Referendum and why couldn't they accept the decision.

Might have been useful to hand all the purchases back and tell her Boss that you don't go shopping to get lectured to by fanatics.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2019, 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
Might have been useful to hand all the purchases back and tell her Boss that you don't go shopping to get lectured to by fanatics.

This ^^^
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2019, 05:40 PM

No-One ever has to justify Their decisions to anyone..it's none of Their damned business..don't let it bother You Jazzi.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2019, 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
Every chance the boss would give you a lemon and told you to go suck it.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2019, 05:50 PM

Interested in all your replies.

One thing I must make clear. The allotment shop is run entirely by volunteers, most of whom have plots there themselves. Though this particular lady serving today doesn't! However, that aside... There is no boss as such, only the Association Committee who take it upon themselves to run the shop and see over the volunteers. I worked in there myself till I dropped out a few years ago.

So it is personal opinion against personal opinion. Thinking about it afterwards, maybe I should have counter questioned her! Give me your arguments for wanting to stay in. Maybe that would shut them all up, eh?
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

14-04-2019, 05:53 PM

An exchange of verbal arguments is always best. You might even been converted to remainer 🤗
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2019, 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by jazzi ->
interested in all your replies.

One thing i must make clear. The allotment shop is run entirely by volunteers, most of whom have plots there themselves. Though this particular lady serving today doesn't! However, that aside... There is no boss as such, only the association committee who take it upon themselves to run the shop and see over the volunteers. I worked in there myself till i dropped out a few years ago.

So it is personal opinion against personal opinion. Thinking about it afterwards, maybe i should have counter questioned her! Give me your arguments for wanting to stay in. Maybe that would shut them all up, eh?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top