Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2019, 01:57 PM

Re: Anyone else dreading another baking Summer?

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Bring it on ..... and off.
Absolutely.
The only trouble is those big seagulls.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2019, 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
Absolutely.
Just don't feed them....
Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2019, 02:12 PM

I'm a sun worshipper so hope for a long hot summer again.
I have a fan in my lounge and one by the side of my bed which is on all night when it's hot.
I'm stripping down to my small black boxies in the privacy of my garden and hope to get the nice tan back I had last year.

🌞
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2019, 03:17 PM

It is too hot today for me - and I was beginning tan - horrors - have had to come in!
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2019, 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
It's a beautiful day out there and it's really warming up, but it's bringing back memories of last year's inferno. Am I alone in hoping this might be a more normal British Summer with some nice days and some not?
Yes, me! I can't stand the sun like I used to & the heat does get to me. I an dreading a very hot Summer. Was out today & after 3 hours wandering around out doors that was enough.
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2019, 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
Absolutely.
Well they’re better than small tits.......nick the cream off my milk they do
...what..?
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2019, 04:42 PM

Lately I've become more resilient to the heat, but have to keep my crocodile Dundee hat on at all times, I just hope October is as sunny and warm as it was last year, it seems to shorten the short day period.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2019, 05:08 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
It's a beautiful day out there and it's really warming up, but it's bringing back memories of last year's inferno. Am I alone in hoping this might be a more normal British Summer with some nice days and some not?
I'm with you Annie.

Last year I bought a camp bed so that I could sleep downstairs as it was slightly cooler than upstairs. I wandered around like a lost soul at bedtime wondering which was the coolest room to set up my bed in.

I found it unbearable & it made me depressed.
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2019, 05:45 PM

Yes, I am dreading it becoming as hot as last year as it makes me feel very unwell. It's never as much the heat as the humidity, it's just too much sometimes.

Equally though the freezing cold of last winter almost finished me off. I have to stay indoors, the cold gets down into my lungs and causes me problems.

I just hope for a nice, warm spring with an 'ordinary' summer and a mild winter. Not much chance of all three though as our weather is so changeable in recent years. The seasons no longer seem defined as they once were.
peripheral
GB
peripheral is male  peripheral has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2019, 06:13 PM

Who remembers 1976?

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top