Join for free
Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2019, 07:51 AM

Vikings

I watched the last episode of season 5 last night on Amazon Prime.

This is how it starts but it's oh so much more than this as the story developes.
Viking Ragnar Lothbrok is a young farmer and family man who is frustrated by the policies of Earl Haraldson, his local chieftain who sends his Viking raiders east to the Baltic states and Russia, whose residents are as poor as the Norsemen. Ragnar wants to head west, across the ocean, to discover new civilizations. With assistance from his friend Floki, Ragnar builds a faster, sleeker fleet of boats to help him make it to the Western world. Through the years Ragnar, who claims to be a direct descendant of the god Odin, continues to struggle with Earl until the two face each other in a final battle for supremacy. Following that, Ragnar goes on a search for new lands to conquer.

I've really enjoyed this program with its twists and turns. Was annoyed last night how it ended but I've found out this morning that they are planning a 20 part series 6 so I suppose that's why.

Lots of bearded, tattooed men with vicious weapons and some sexy Scandinavian women, shield maidens, with accents that melted my trousers.
Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2019, 07:58 AM

Re: Vikings

Sorry forgot to add this to give you a taste.

longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2019, 09:51 AM

"Lots of bearded, tattooed men with vicious weapons and some sexy Scandinavian women, shield maidens, with accents that melted my trousers."

Was that the tattooed men or the Scandinavian women that melted your trousers MC.

I watched the series some years ago now and I found it really entertaining but was getting bored when the storyline went to Wessex and the king.
Liked the priest whilst he was alive found that part of the series interesting and the fight with the brothers. and when he founds drugs.
Yes even missus Ragnar (the first) was a bit of a turn on at one time the (second) was a bit scrawny for me.
When they invaded part of France that was pretty good as well moving them ships across dry land like that.

Here's hoping series 6 is still got interesting story lines.
I have taken more interest in the Vikings occupation of Britain these past 20 years especially when I found out it was them sods that brought my illness to these shores..
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2019, 09:55 AM

I watched it all, kept getting beard overload and had to be revived! Super series as was The Last Kingdom.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2019, 01:27 PM

An excellent series with a well-cast team of actors. Goes slightly awry from a historical angle but excellent nevertheless. Series 6 is going to be the last one apparently so I wonder if Ivar will once again rise up in the ranks? In reality, the real Ivar died in Ireland so wonder if that will be shown? From the goss, it would appear that Floki becomes a Christian after his near-death escape and the discovery of a cross in the cave he was trapped in. Will have to wait and see.

For those who haven't got Amazon Prime, the whole series is being shown on one of the Freeview channels. (5Spike)

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top