Join for free
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 > Last »
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2019, 02:39 PM

Allocated car space.

Not sure if this is the right section to post,but here goes.

Allocated car space,I know the space belongs to me,my land,
What I would like to know is,..how can I protect it,from others parking on it?..I know I can put a bollard up,..but can I put a gazebo up on the space?

A neighbour of mine has done this,put a gazebo up,only in another car park,..it is a private car park,owned by the residents,...do we have any solicitors here?..to give advice.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2019, 02:41 PM

Re: Allocated car space.

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
Not sure if this is the right section to post,but here goes.

Allocated car space,I know the space belongs to me,my land,
What I would like to know is,..how can I protect it,from others parking on it?..I know I can put a bollard up,..but can I put a gazebo up on the space?

A neighbour of mine has done this,put a gazebo up,only in another car park,..it is a private car park,owned by the residents,...do we have any solicitors here?..to give advice.
Just pour paint stripper over their car - works for me.....
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2019, 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by fender ->
Just pour paint stripper over their car - works for me.....

Naughty,fender,..seriously,have you had the same problem?
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2019, 02:48 PM

Fortunately not.
I'd hazard a guess that if the parking space is owned / your property then you can do what you like?
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2019, 02:50 PM

Can you put a no parking sign up anywhere

https://www.google.com/search?q=no+p...hrome&ie=UTF-8

lot of choice at little cost
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

22-04-2019, 03:03 PM

Thank you for the advice,Realspeed ,but I have already done this,makes no difference,a lot of selfish people out there,who think they can park where they like!.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	87.2 KB
ID:	9357  
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2019, 03:06 PM

Hey up, car parking problems. Always a problem subject isn't it?

I have no knowledge to impart Pauline I'm afraid, so of little help.
All I know, it can be a pain in the derriere to everyone who owns/rents a property with car parking space, allocated or not.
No matter what your rights are (or not), it will always mean hassle 'cos for sure someone will take not a blind bit of notice.

But, you do have my sympathy
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2019, 03:12 PM

Caltrops work. A few caltrops say a thousand words. Easy to make from a couple of 100 mm nails spot welded and the heads removed and sharpened to a point.

https://www.caltropsecuritysystems.c...caltrops-j736d

They can be imported at a cost of around $1 each plus p&p. Cheaper to make them or even have them made though.

They worked for us immediately after we moved in where we now live and straightway found we had problems.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England

22-04-2019, 03:15 PM

Is the space orientated in such a way that if someone parks there you can block them in?
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2019, 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by fender ->
Is the space orientated in such a way that if someone parks there you can block them in?
Oooh dangerous ground fender

Imagine what the end result could be

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top