Join for free
Page 5 of 14 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2019, 07:06 PM

Re: Allocated car space.

Buy an old banger, take the engine out, so the shell is nice and light, put it in the space. When your son visits roll it backward, then, when he leaves, roll it back again.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2019, 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Is there a sign up anywhere saying it is a private car park, residents only, Pauline?

That is a very good point Mags,I remember confronting a couple of youngsters last year about it,..I asked them to move please,they said,"no"!! this is a council car park,a few neighbours of mine,have also thought that,..when these houses were built,they didn't put signs up like that,...where would I put it?..would I be allowed to put a sign like that up?..it's a great idea.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2019, 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Buy an old banger, take the engine out, so the shell is nice and light, put it in the space. When your son visits roll it backward, then, when he leaves, roll it back again.
Good idea,but I have no where to roll it,as I'm in the other space,when my son or friends visit,..I can't roll it onto the access land,unfortunately.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

22-04-2019, 08:25 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Caltrops work. A few caltrops say a thousand words. Easy to make from a couple of 100 mm nails spot welded and the heads removed and sharpened to a point.

https://www.caltropsecuritysystems.c...caltrops-j736d

They can be imported at a cost of around $1 each plus p&p. Cheaper to make them or even have them made though.

They worked for us immediately after we moved in where we now live and straightway found we had problems.

Sorry TAT,only just seen your post,..if I put those into my allocated space,they would throw them away,..how would they work on Tarmac ?
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2019, 08:37 PM

Hi

You can make life as complicated or as simple as you want.

Allocated car spaces are a nightmare, so called grey land.

A free for all with no responsibility and no enforcement.

A very difficult situation for a lady on her own, legal action costs a fortune and the prats will not even pay any costs you may be awarded.

If your son cannot sort them, my best advice is just to live with it.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

22-04-2019, 08:45 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

You can make life as complicated or as simple as you want.

Allocated car spaces are a nightmare, so called grey land.

A free for all with no responsibility and no enforcement.

A very difficult situation for a lady on her own, legal action costs a fortune and the prats will not even pay any costs you may be awarded.

If your son cannot sort them, my best advice is just to live with it.

I am insured if my neighbour keeps aggravating me,regarding her ridiculous parking,but I don't want to go down that road,but will if I have too.

As for the space,if you read all of the posts,you will see that there are lots of options for me to choose,

And I can assure you,I won't continue living with it.

Why should my son sort it?
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2019, 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
I am insured if my neighbour keeps aggravating me,regarding her ridiculous parking,but I don't want to go down that road,but will if I have too.

As for the space,if you read all of the posts,you will see that there are lots of options for me to choose,

And I can assure you,I won't continue living with it.

Why should my son sort it?
Hi

Because that is the way it works.

Decades in Enforcement have proven to me that there is no Justice in life.

You can have as many Court Orders as you want, but Civil Action is a very expensive waste of time.

Check your insurance, a lot of it is worthless.

It is not your decision as to whether or not to proceed, it is the Insurance Companies.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

22-04-2019, 09:28 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Because that is the way it works.

Decades in Enforcement have proven to me that there is no Justice in life.

You can have as many Court Orders as you want, but Civil Action is a very expensive waste of time.

Check your insurance, a lot of it is worthless.

It is not your decision as to whether or not to proceed, it is the Insurance Companies.

I can assure you,I know as much about insurance companies as you,...did I say it was my decision ?...and by the way,I was down this road in 2013,and my insurers agreed with my claim,sorry I don't agree about civil action,times have moved on since you were in law enforcement.

And there is plenty of justice in life!...by the way you never answered my question,why should my son sort it?

What fissty cuffs?..he's been brought up,better than that.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2019, 09:34 PM

Some things never change, the fact that none changed things no longer affect you, is more about you, than the things, Simples.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2019, 09:42 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
Sorry TAT,only just seen your post,..if I put those into my allocated space,they would throw them away,..how would they work on Tarmac ?
They work brilliantly.

People don't look when they park. Home made which is simple to do, use a dab of araldite to hold the two bent nails together at a pinch and again at a pinch just cut the heads off the nails, it'll work almost as well.

Done that way they will cost just a few coppers each and making a load of them could fill a few hours in an afternoon.

If you really wanted to be sneaky then get a rattle can of matt black paint and give them a spray before deploying them.

A rattle can of matt black is only a couple of quid from some garages or Halford kinda joints.

Page 5 of 14 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top